57.

this is a long one! get comfy:)

I watched Mitch as he stood in front of the full length mirror, slipping his suit jacket on and adjusting his tie

I watched Mitch as he stood in front of the full length mirror, slipping his suit jacket on and adjusting his tie. He looked unbothered, like this wasn't one of the most important days of his life, like he had done this a thousand times before, like he wasn't shitting his pants right now.

Like he wasn't getting married today.

"Nervous?" I questioned just to make sure, as I leaned against the door post, crossing my arms in front of my chest.

"No." Mitch's simple answer made me chuckle. How he managed to keep his cool in a situation like this was beyond me, if it was my wedding day I'd be an anxious wreck.

"Good. You shouldn't be." I gave a pat on his shoulder, sending him a small smile in the mirror. "You guys are perfect for each other."

"I know."

I chuckled again, shaking my head to myself as he kept fidgeting with his tie, trying to make sure it wasn't crooked.

"I'm going to go pick up Elizabeth." I told him as I glanced at my own suit hanging on the back of the door. It was still early in the morning, just past eight o'clock, so I had plenty of time to get ready before the ceremony would start. "You're going to be fine on your own for a while, right?"

"Of course." Mitch nodded. "But don't be late."

"Scout's honor." I saluted playfully and immediately received an eye roll from Mitch as I exited the room.

My legs carried me through their house and I quickened my pace, near jogging by the time I was in the driveway. I couldn't even deny how fucking eager I was, excitement rushing through me as I started up the engine, ready to finally see her.

It had been over a month. Over a month of not being able to kiss her, touch her or be close to her and it was fucking killing me. I hated it so much. I hated the distance between us and I hated that instead of starting this exciting, new period of our life together, we were on two different continents.

This really wasn't how I had imagined moving in together with the love of my life would go. It broke my heart when I had to say goodbye to her four weeks ago after taking the keys to our new apartment and helping Elizabeth fill the space up with her boxes. I couldn't even unpack my own suitcase properly, we only spent one night together at our new place before I had to go again, leaving her on her own.

It was a shitty situation, but at least it was something. Every time I'd start complaining in my head and feeling sorry for myself, I remembered that at least we had each other. We were together, we were happy and healthy and we had a lifetime waiting for us. I just needed to be patient for a tiny bit longer.

It was October now and I was a little more than halfway through the Europe and UK leg of tour. We were going to have a little break in a few weeks, hopefully that time was going to be enough for me to move everything that I'd need to New York.