34.

"Shit, shit, shit

"Shit, shit, shit." I cursed under my breath, pacing around my living room frantically.

Today was a big day.

I was only hours away from playing the new album from start to finish in front of nearly 20,000 people.

And I was late.

I should've left already, but after waking up and doing our usual lazy morning with Elizabeth, I just couldn't seem to make myself leave the couch where we had collapsed in each other's arms following breakfast.

The truth is, I was shitting my pants.

I was terrified and nervous and fully on edge, and the only thing that seemed to calm me down was Elizabeth. That's why I pushed off to start getting ready for so long and now I was being late.

I should've been at the venue in about two minutes and I didn't even have my shoes on... Also, the thought of a bunch of people from my team waiting for me and getting more and more upset by each minute I wouldn't show up, didn't do much good for my already high as fuck stress level.

"What are you looking for?" Elizabeth's voice snapped me out of my spiral of thoughts, making me turn on my heels to face her.

She was standing in the kitchen doorway, watching me with curiosity, her head slightly tilted to the side, eyes darting over the now messy living room. Pillows scattered around the couch, some of them lying on the ground, papers all over the coffee table, my clothes thrown around the place everywhere.

"I can't find my phone." I say angrily, pinching the bridge of my nose as I feel a terrible headache approaching.

At this point I was sure I wouldn't survive tonight. It was too much.

"Have you checked your pockets?"

I glared at Elizabeth, clenching my jaw in annoyance.

"Of course I—"

I started, but as I moved my hands to the back pockets of my jeans, my voice died in my throat.

Fuck.

As soon as Elizabeth saw my face dropping, a tiny smile creeped onto her face, only growing by each second until she was eventually full on grinning at me in amusement.

I opened my mouth to say something, but she beat me to it, taking a few steps towards me and closing the space between us.

"You're welcome. Now go, you're late as fuck." She told me, pushing herself up on her tiptoes to press a quick kiss to my lips.

I chuckled against her mouth, wrapping my arms around her waist to pull her body closer and deepen the kiss without a second thought. I slipped my tongue past her parted lips and she didn't hesitate to let me in.

I guess being a tiny bit late isn't the end of the world, is it? Soundcheck and all that shit didn't seem so important anymore.

"What would I do without you?" I mumbled into the kiss, grabbing the sides of Elizabeth's face to keep her in place.