54.

TW: brief mention of paedophilia and the loss of a loved one.

(be kind, please)

Jet lag was a bitch

Jet lag was a bitch.

It was kicking my ass once again and I hated it, the worst part being that no matter how often I had to go through the awful procedure, I never seemed to get used to it. It took me down every single time, fucking up my sleep and putting me in the most horrible and grumpy mood.

I basically had to crawl out of bed this morning, forcing myself to get ready for my meeting with Jeff. I was already late, but frankly, I couldn't care less, he should be happy I was willing to go at all. I think it's needless to say that I'd much rather stay curled up in bed with Elizabeth the whole day instead of stepping out of the house.

That wasn't exactly an option though, our easy days were over and I had responsibilities and obligations now. It was time to snap out of the daydream and get back to reality, no matter how much I was dreading it.

I quickly shot one last glance at myself in the mirror, adjusting my hair and making sure that I looked somewhat presentable, before walking out of the bathroom, my eyes falling on a sleeping Elizabeth. Her naked body was tangled in my baby pink sheets, my lips involuntarily curling up at the sight and putting me in a way better mood in less than a second. She looked insanely adorable, lying on her stomach as she hugged my pillow tightly to her chest, her back rising and falling with peaceful, steady breaths.

My legs carried me to her as if I couldn't bear even this small distance between us for any longer, and I sat down on the edge of the bed next to her, one of my hands reaching out to tuck a few loose strands behind her ear so I could have a better look at her face. I really didn't want to wake her up, but I knew I wouldn't be able to survive the next few hours without having her sweet morning voice on my mind so I had no other choice. Besides, I wanted to say goodbye to her before leaving anyway, I knew she didn't like it when I just disappeared without a word.

I bent down a little, my lips brushing against her soft cheek as I left the most gentle, featherlight kisses behind, slowly pulling her out of her deep slumber.

She eventually blinked her eyes open, a small frown etched between her eyebrows in confusion as she tried making sense of her surroundings for a few seconds.

"Hi, mi amor." I whispered, nudging my nose against hers as my fingers brushed through her soft hair, trailing down her naked back and following the line of her spine. "Good morning."

She grumbled something under her breath which I assumed was some sort of greeting, before she peered up at me, her eyes narrowing in an attempt to find focus.

"You shaved." She made the observation alongside a small pout, making me chuckle at her cuteness.

"I did." I nodded, sitting up straight again with a smile on my freshly cleaned face. "I hope you don't mind."