epilogue 3

16 months later

16 months later

Rosie's adorable giggles filled my ears as I finished off an email for work, hitting send and closing my laptop. Alone in the bedroom, sprawled out across the bed my eyes fluttered shut for just a few seconds, a gentle smile on my lips as I took a moment to listen to her.

She was laughing so loud that even from two rooms over, I could hear her as if she was right next to me. I wondered what Harry had done to make her giggle like that. I bet he was pulling all those funny faces again, like he had done the night before. Or maybe he was tickling her or throwing her around, catching her at the very last moment... Rosie loved it so much when he did that.

I, on the other hand, was close to having a heart attack every time Harry pretended to drop her.

After having my short moment, I decided to see for myself what they were up to. I got up from the bed and made my way out to the living room, quietly, so as to not alert them of my arrival. Leaning against the doorpost, I watched with a wide grin spreading across my face as Harry held Rosie upside down, her legs thrown over his shoulder, arms dangling in the air while he locked his hands around her torso firmly, keeping her delicate body close to his chest.

Harry gently bounced up and down, making our daughter laugh so hard that she could barely breathe at this point, her face turning red from both the position and the lack of oxygen. I rolled my lips into my mouth, trying to stifle my chuckles while Harry snickered to himself, clearly having fun.

"Aren't you guys supposed to be dressed already?" I then spoke up after another moment of silently admiring them, grabbing both their attention.

Rosie's eyes sparkled as her gaze fell on me, a surprised look in them while Harry looked rather sheepish, sending me a guilty smile. He pulled his daughter up, who was still very much wearing her pyjamas, just like Harry did, even though that wasn't our agreement.

"Sorry." He grinned, now holding Rosie in a normal way again as her giggles died down. "Got carried away a bit. Right, little girl?"

Rosie grinned up at him, her face still red like a tomato and with a sly look in her eyes, she shook her head.

"Da-da!" She then exclaimed, pointing at Harry as if he was the guilty one.

"Sure, blame it all on me!" Harry gasped. "I'm getting back at you though... Hope you know that, hm? I'm sooo getting back at you!"

And a second later, Rosie was thrown up in the air before getting tickled to the point she was once again, drowning in laughter. I couldn't help but join in, the sight of them making my heart grow twice its size.

One glance at the clock was enough to snap me out of it though, and so alongside a fit of chuckles, I stepped over to them and gently pried Rosie out of her dad's arms.

"Alright guys, hate to ruin your fun, but we really have to start getting ready now." Rosie had a small pout on her lips, clearly mimicking Harry as he reluctantly handed over our 16 months old baby, running a hand through his messy morning hair. "Big day today, huh? We don't want to be late."