27.

I didn't know when was the last time I stayed up all night

I didn't know when was the last time I stayed up all night. One thing was sure though, it had never been for a good reason.

But this time, with Harry, it was definitely the best night of my life.

I also knew I had never slept 20 hours in one go before, always being interrupted by nightmares or my brain running overtime. It actually felt like a miracle and it was the best fucking sleep I had ever gotten. I finally felt rested and all the exhaustion left my body when we woke up.

After finishing our pancakes we laid down on the couch in each other's arms and snuggling into Harry's chest made me feel comfortable and safe. Two things I didn't know I'd ever have again.

We fell into mindless chattering at first, then he suggested the whole dating thing and I could only hope I managed to keep up the act of causality of the matter.

I didn't want him to see how the thought of dating him actually affected me... But I was shitting my pants big time.

I had no idea how to do this, I didn't know what it would be like to actually date someone. I had never even thought of it, because I never considered the possibility of it happening to me.

Harry had experience with that sort of stuff, I was assuming a lot, and I was now terrified of doing or saying the wrong thing. What if he'll realise I wasn't good enough for him? What if once we'll actually start doing this he'll back out, because it wasn't how he had imagined it...

I still didn't exactly understand why he would want to be with someone like me and I was pretty sure once we'd get more into it he'd snap out of the temporary daydream and go after someone much better.

What I didn't expect was though, that all these insecurities would fade away completely as soon as he'd keep talking in that slow, husky voice of his.

His simple reassurance of saying 'we'll be fine' was enough for me to forget about all the downsides and risks and my fears regarding dating him and I relaxed back in his arms in a split second.

And then we spent the whole night talking, going over both extremely serious and deep stuff, drifting us to the brink of crying, as well as lighter topics that made us giggling messes on top of each other.

I told him about my father, but I asked him not to say anything throughout or after the story so he just listened to me in silence. I still didn't know what to think of the situation and I wasn't ready for anyone's opinion, but talking about it to Harry made me feel better.

He told me about the baby and everything that was going on with the three of them and I could easily sense his hesitation when it came to his feelings about that. It was a lot for him, it would be a lot for anyone, and I knew he needed time to fully process all of it.

But I would be there for him, just like I knew he would be there for me... or at least I knew he was going to do his best in order to be there. We'll see how it works out, I guess.