25.

I squinted my eyes open as the bright afternoon light came through the big windows, realising I wasn't at home

I looked around with a frown, the view of the standard hotel room confused me for a second, suddenly not being sure where I was exactly.

Then everything slowly started coming back to me.

The phone call with my father the day before, the way I had felt like I didn't have the tears nor the energy to cry anymore so I had just simply left the apartment, going into the city with the purpose of getting wasted.

The guy named James had helped me get into that club, basically paying for my drinks all night in hopes of getting something out of it.

Sadly he had been after the wrong girl...

Because even if he'd been the one I was looking at the whole time, all I could see was Harry.

Two weeks without him felt like absolute hell.

If I had thought those nights when he ignored me was bad, well these fourteen days had been a thousand times worse.

I missed him so fucking much.

I missed everything about him. His stupid jokes, the sound of his voice, the way he let out those breathy chuckles or when he completely cracked up on something and tears formed in his eyes from all the laughing.

I missed his adorable dimples and the slight stubble he had been growing out lately. I missed his messy curls on the top of his head and the way he always ran his long fingers through them.

I missed his gentle touches, I missed his quiet snoring in the mornings and I missed the feeling of his arms tightly wrapped around me.

I missed him. I missed him more than anything and when he had showed up at the club I wasn't even sure I was seeing clearly.

I needed him more than breathing itself and all I wanted to do was stay in his arms for the rest of this life.

The way he had taken care of me, listened to me, gave advice, drove me here so I didn't have to be alone, held my hair when I was throwing up...

The night all together was a blur, but I could remember him clear as day. Everything about him.

And I wished I never had to forget ever again. But it wasn't that easy.

In these last two weeks my feelings had only intensified and now I was even more confused than before. I had no idea what to do.

He was basically the only one who could comfort me and be there for me in a way I felt like he gave me haven. But it was complicated, I was still fully convinced it could never work and that in the long-term I was only saving myself from more pain and heartbreak.

On the other hand though, I felt like my whole perspective had changed about him. I didn't look at him anymore the same way as when we were kids.

No matter how much it hurt to admit, he made my heart beat pick up every time he was around. I got lost staring at his features, constantly admiring him and wishing he was more than just a friend.