16.

"Okay, so who wants to be on my team?!" I yell out as we reenter the living room, and the kids start shrieking and jumping around, raising their hands excitedly

God, these little devils.

I laugh at them as Elizabeth and I both take our seats on the floor, making ourselves comfortable. Mike says he thinks we should draw for teams so there won't be any hard feelings, and everyone agrees with that.

Elizabeth and I end up in different teams which makes me slightly annoyed, knowing she'd probably be more comfortable with me by her side...

I honestly hope she wasn't lying to me before, and that she truly likes the other's company.

I know they can be a bit intense sometimes, but they're a pretty great group of people and I just want Reina to feel good around them.

I can tell she's nervous, she keeps observing everyone in silence, laughing along occasionally.

Sometimes our eyes meet and I have to look away, surprising even myself... There's just something different in her gaze tonight. It's intense and full of emotion, her slightly pink cheeks from the alcohol adding up to the magical look.

I keep telling myself that the only reason behind my eyes returning to her is that I want to check how she feels, I want to make sure if she's alright...

However, at this point I'm afraid it may be more than that. I almost can't look away.

After Gemma explains the rules we start playing, soon cards are scattered all around the floor and the room is filled with laughter. Even though half of us are grown ass men and women we suddenly find ourselves on the same level with the kids, competing with each other and doing our best in order to win.

The two teams are neck-and-neck, hour after hour the game just gets more exciting and the people more tipsy from all the mulled wine.

Everyone's having a blast and when I look over at Elizabeth she's basically dying of laughter at this point. I think Lily just told her something funny, because she's in a quite similar state.

I get lost in the sight for a moment, realising I don't really see her letting go like this too often. She looks free and happy, her eyes squeezed shut as she places one of her hands on her chest, trying to catch her breath.

She looks fucking unreal.

Alright, maybe I've had enough to drink tonight...

"Uncle Harry, it's your turn!" I snap out of it, realising Jamie, Will's son is pulling the sleeve of my shirt, trying to catch my attention.

"Right, sorry." I mumble, reaching for a card with an embarrassed smile as I feel my cheeks suddenly heating up.

I guide my focus back to the game, it's the last round and if we lose this one, the other team gets the final win.