epilogue 1

"And this is the kitchen

"And this is the kitchen..." I heard Harry murmuring as he walked around the house with Rosie in his arms. She was half asleep, her big blue eyes barely open but she seemed to be trying to focus on her daddy with all her might. "Should we go see your room? I hope you'll like it, I painted it. Mumma says I did a good job, but who knows? Maybe she's just trying to be nice."

A small smile grazed my lips as I followed after them, walking into Rosie's room.

This was her first time here. After spending two days at the hospital, we were finally discharged this morning and could come home. I couldn't be more excited, my fingers were literally shaking as I signed the discharge papers only about an hour ago. The thought of actually starting this new part of our lives, becoming a little family, just the three of us... it made my heart hammer.

Ever since giving birth, it felt like I was floating ten feet up above the ground. I had never been so blissed out in my entire life, finally seeing Rosie for the first time - getting to hold her and kiss her - brought a sense of happiness to me that simply couldn't be explained.

I was completely and utterly in love with her.

She was the perfect little girl, a beautiful combination of Harry and me. She had my blue set of eyes and my ears, but Harry's nose and lips. With no more than a few strands of hair on top of her head, a light shade of blonde, almost white — she looked adorable. I often caught myself just staring at her in awe, she was truly beautiful.

And Harry, he seemed even more infatuated than me, if that's possible. In these past two days, he had barely left our side. He constantly had one eye on me and the other on Rosie, making sure that we were both okay and comfortable. Whenever he had the chance, he wanted to hold Rosie and the nurses literally had to pry her out of his hands more times than I could count. It was the cutest thing ever, seeing the pout on Harry's face when they took her away to bathe her or check up on her.

I stepped into the pale lavender coloured nursery with my arms crossed over my chest, looking around in amazement. Harry truly did a good job in here, all the baby furniture and decoration were perfect. We picked most of Rosie's stuff out together, but he surely had a good eye on how to arrange everything.

"Look, this is from Auntie Gemma." I watched as Harry stepped over to Rosie's crib, taking out the soft stuffed toy that resembled a ladybug. She stared at it with big curious eyes, although I don't think she understood what was happening. "It's cute, isn't it? I'm sure you're going to love it when you're a little bit older."

I grinned at Harry's sweet mumbling as he placed the toy back into the crib before walking over to me. He had this sparkle in his eyes, the one that I was so ridiculously in love with. I was a puddle on the floor whenever he looked at me like that. 

"Hey." He had a wide smile plastered across his face when they reached me, and I hummed in approval as he closed the space between us, pecking my lips.