39.

"Harry

"Harry..." I broke the silence between us for about the twentieth time in the last hour, glancing up at him from my school textbook.

"Just one more page, baby." Harry quickly shut me down with a shake of the head, a small smile playing on his lips as he kept staring at his phone. "Read one more page and then I'm all yours."

It was a Friday evening and Harry had arrived yesterday for his last visit before the tour would start. We were currently in my living room after getting back home from our little walk in Central Park and now I was regretting my decision to tell him how much I had to revise for this one particular exam.

Because as soon as we had gotten back to my place, Harry insisted on being a good influence and giving me some time to study. It was no fun and I'd rather do anything else, but he was one stubborn son of a bitch. That's how we ended up like this, me on the couch with my face buried in my book and Harry in the armchair, scrolling through his phone. It had been two long hours so far and I started getting fidgety, every once in a while begging Harry to let me finish off already. He couldn't be convinced though, even despite my loud whining.

He was going to fly back home tomorrow night and then we wouldn't see each other again for about a month until I didn't finish every one of my exams. I already dreaded the goodbye, my stomach twisted just from thinking about it...

Everything was so much better when he was here. He lifted me up so effortlessly, he truly didn't even have to do anything, just his presence made my shitshow of a life a hundred times better.

I was terrified of not having him around for so long again, knowing exactly how that went the last time. No matter how much Harry tried to reassure me, I had a feeling I wouldn't be able to hold myself together this time either and everything would go sideways again. I didn't want that. I didn't want to even risk the chance of losing him, because I simply wouldn't survive.

Right now, I felt like he was the only thing that made it all worth it. For him I was willing to get out of bed every day and face the million challenges I had to. I couldn't let myself give up, I couldn't fall apart, because I knew that at the end of every single day, he would be calling. Those phone calls were the highlights of my days, even if there was nothing else, at least I had that one thing to look forward to.

Talking to Harry was the easiest thing in the world. We were often on the phone for two straight hours, chatting about absolutely nothing and I wouldn't have it any other way. Lately I had the habit of falling asleep to his deep, raspy voice and it was without a doubt the most comforting and safe feeling ever. Sometimes he would even sing to me or play the guitar, but that would only happen if he thought I was already asleep.

I knew he started writing again, but for some reason he wasn't willing to admit that to me. Every time I asked he always denied it and I think it's because he wasn't really sure about any of it just yet. The little tunes and lyrics he would secretly let slip though, were already masterpieces.