12.

"I told her I'll give any help she needs

"I told her I'll give any help she needs." I finally spit out, instantly feeling as if the statement just became real.

Truth is, from the moment I stepped out from Elizabeth's building, my mind has been in overdrive. The anxiety of the whole situation came over me again after the mini break I was lucky enough to take, and I felt like I'm going crazy.

I knew I had to make a decision, and I also knew what I truly wanted to do... I wanted to fucking disappear so I don't have to deal with this shit.

I wish it was that simple.

I wish I could be someone who doesn't give a fuck what happens with that bitch. Honestly, I think it's not even Sierra I'm worried about, it's the baby.

My baby.

God, even thinking about it is so weird. I'm so far from ready to be a father, I'm fucking terrified to mess it up, I have no idea how to do this shit.

But I could never act like I'm not responsible for that child.

I could never pretend I have nothing to do with it, that's not me.

So after my plane landed, the first thing I did was to call Sierra. I told her I wanted to see her because I made up my mind. I drove straight to her place from the airport, we had a pretty decent conversation about the future, finally acting like grown ups, and decided to go through it together.

I don't think I've ever seen her so happy, she thanked me like a million times, which is kinda unusual from her.

I also asked for a paternity test, just to make sure this really is what it is, but apparently this late into the pregnancy the test has some minor risks, so Sierra said she wants to wait for the baby to be born.

Even though I wasn't too happy about that, I guess it's not the end of the world, I can wait one more month for the confirmation...

"I'm proud of you." Elizabeth says after a few moments of pause, I can hear the smile in her voice as she speaks up.

"You are? Why?"

"Because I'm sure you made the right decision." Her answer is calm and confident, giving me all the reassurance I needed.

Somehow, she has the ability to put me at ease whenever I feel on edge or uncertain about something. I don't think she even knows she's doing it, but it means the world to me, because it's so fucking hard to find someone who gets you like that.

"Do you know if it's a boy or a girl yet?" She asks, putting a smile on my face right away.

After I agreed on being a part of the whole baby project thing, that was actually the first thing I asked Sierra.

"It's a boy."

Ever since she told me, I've been trying to imagine what it will be like. Playing football with my son, teaching him how to treat a woman right— or man, it's up to him really...