6.

"Alright, that's enough

"Alright, that's enough. You have your own!" I say, snatching back the cherry milkshake from Elizabeth's hand.

She makes an expression like I just committed the crime of the year, pretending to be offended by my actions.

Our last night ended with Elizabeth falling asleep on the field, so I decided to take her home, despite her protest after waking up, trying to convince me she's not tired.

My point was proven though, because as soon as she got into the car and I started driving, she was sleeping like a baby once again...

We ended up getting home pretty late, but she didn't mind, considering it's the weekend... so no school or work.

Since yesterday it feels like we've taken another step in rebuilding our friendship. I already can feel her becoming a little more relaxed around me, still keeping a comfortable distance, but opening up more and more.

We haven't said a word about the whole Reina thing since I made that step towards her.

I wouldn't say it was intentional, it's not like I meant to say it out loud... even though I knew exactly how much it would affect her.

I would never use tools like that against her, I'm not the type to play games or exercise an influence on someone.

It kind of just slipped out before I could stop myself.

My heart was beating in my throat during that long pause she gave me, I genuinely thought I went too far with it...

You have no idea how much of a relief it was when she let another guard down, saying she missed me too.

I thought she's going to freak the fuck out, so when she buried her head in the crook of my neck instead, I felt so much happiness I was actually afraid I might start crying...

All the emotions hit me at once, being so close to her again while knowing it means the absolute world to her was pretty overwhelming.

I know I'm playing a very dangerous game here, I'm still kind of in the dark with what I'm supposed to do.

Since we met again, I have this urge to know everything about her, on the other hand though... I feel like I should take slow steps, because I don't want to scare her away.

I also have a huge fear with this whole situation and I know I probably shouldn't pretend it's not there, doesn't matter how much I'd like to.

If we could keep hanging out like now, living in the same city, seeing each other every other day... just being normal people... that would be the absolute dream.

I wish it would be that easy.

My life doesn't look like that though.

Mostly because I'm never around.