2.

"Where's Jeff with those coffees?" I ask the others, starting to be impatient

We decided to come down to the studio today, knowing we didn't really have anything  to do anyways. Mitch, Ryan, Tony and Dave are all sitting around me, throwing in ideas, or playing random tunes.

Jeff has been gone for at least fifteen minutes now, which starts to get frustrating, because if I don't get my coffee in the next five minutes, I'll probably fall asleep.

Lately I haven't slept very well, I've been stressed out because of several things. The biggest one of those is the movie premiere two days from now. It's been a while since I was acting in a movie, I'm afraid I might not be as good as everyone expects me to be. The feeling is very unsettling, but I'm still trying to keep my cool. I bet none of my friends really know what's going on in my head.

But this isn't the only thing I don't feel good about. My whole mood shifted as soon as I stepped out of the plane...

I hate New York.

Actually, hate might be an understatement. I despise this city so much, I don't even have words for it.

Everytime I had to come here before, something bad happened. And I'm not exaggerating, I swear to god, every single time.

There's nothing here I like even just a tiny bit, I hate all of it. Only bad memories connect me to this city, nothing else.

And of course the fucking premiere has to be here. It's almost set in stone that something horrible will happen, and I would be lying if I said it doesn't keep me up at night.

"Chill out, he'll be here in a minute." Tony waves me down carelessly. They must've had enough of my whining I guess.

"Okay, listen to this one." Mich speaks up, grabbing his guitar from beside him, and starting to play a melody.

I like the tune a lot, and before I know it I'm humming along with it. I can't get into it very much though, when the screen of my phone lights up I get distracted from our session.

I look down, seeing the same name on the screen for the third time today.

Sierra.

She started calling me about a week ago... At first on every second or third day, then it got more frequent.

She's getting a little impatient, I assume.

I quickly tap the red button, ignoring the call completely. I have no interest in whatever she wants from me, hopefully she'll give up sooner or later.

I ask Mitch to go again, adding some words between the hums this time, and forgetting about everything else for a minute.

It seems like the others like it as well, all eyes are on the two of us. That's until we hear the door opening and Jeffrey's steps, as he approaches us with the drinks.