10.

I feel my phone buzzing in my hand, signaling I just got a new text

I feel my phone buzzing in my hand, signaling I just got a new text. I glance down at it while walking out of the studio, the melody from earlier still being stuck in my head.

After Elizabeth left the apartment this morning, I was in a really good mood. I felt like I'm full of energy so I decided to visit the studio and see if I could come up with any ideas.

A few months ago I started writing songs, knowing I want to release a new album soon.

I honestly started off pretty great, considering I had a recent breakup behind me... writing the depressed heartbreak songs got on like a house on fire.

Then I got stuck.

In the last couple of weeks I've been struggling to write basically anything. I feel like none of them is good enough, there's always something that I don't like about them.

Today though, it's like I got some creative flow or something. I quickly came down to the studio in hopes of getting something out of it, and guess what, I almost wrote a whole song.

Well, to be honest, I actually have no lyrics for it yet, but at least I have the music. That's a good start, right?

And also, it finally doesn't sound like a sad Sam Smith ballad...

'I can count on you tomorrow, right?' I read the text from Luke, and I need a few seconds before the realisation hits me.

One of my friends, Luke, has his birthday tomorrow. He's throwing a pretty huge party here in New York, and I promised him about a week ago that I'll be there, considering I'm spending a couple days here anyway.

I kind of forgot about it though, I was distracted by some other certain things...

I text back a quick 'sure, see you there' before getting into the taxi that's parked in front of the studio, telling the driver Elizabeth's address.

I think I'll just drop by tomorrow, say happy birthday and have a drink with Luke. I love him, he's a great friend, but I feel like I'd rather spend as much time with Reina as possible while I'm here.

Or maybe if I'd ask she'd come along...

That would be fun, I'm actually dying to see her party.

I can barely resist the urge to call and ask her right now, she's probably still in school though, so I think I'll just wait until she gets home.

On the way back to the apartment, my vision goes to the bracelet on my wrist, making me recall the memories of yesterday.

As I'm thinking about the way we sat on those rocks by the water for hours - just talking and staring out of our heads - I feel a familiar warmth spreading all over my chest.

I wonder if Elizabeth knows how much that meant for me. How relieved I was when she gave in, agreeing on becoming officially friends again. I can't quite remember the last time I felt so happy.