9.

"She's pregnant

"She's pregnant."

As soon as the words leave Harry's mouth, I snap my eyes to him, completely shocked by the information.

"Really?" I ask in a high pitched voice, unable to control myself as he just stares ahead, not showing too much emotion.

Pregnant? Is he serious?

I mean, that's wild...

No wonder why he's in such a shitty mood, despite his attempt to hide it. I actually noticed it right away, the black circles under his eyes were very good physical proof of the fact he didn't get much sleep lately.

He was also pretty quiet on the way here, letting me ramble about the last couple days and just listening to whatever I was saying.

When we were kids, he did the same whenever he was in a bad mood or something bothered him. He gets trapped in his own head, and even though he's right next to me, it's like he goes somewhere else, a place where no one can reach him...

Seeing that always broke my heart a little bit, his troubled expression and the way he was struggling to carry whatever weight was on his shoulders... I felt like someone was squeezing my heart, and trying to rip it out of my chest.

The feeling didn't change one fucking bit. I could still cry just looking at him.

He ignores my rhetorical question, so I decide to ask him further, hoping he won't shut me down or take it as intrusion.

"But the baby is not..." I trail off, hoping he knows what I'm referring to, without me having to say it.

"Mine?" Harry chuckles with no humour at all, pausing for a few seconds and clenching his jaw, before he continues. "According to the one and only Sierra, it is in fact mine."

My mouth instantly falls open as I hear his voice, turning my head towards him in disbelief once again.

At first I can't believe what he says, looking at him like he has three heads or something, and trying to put the pieces together. I'm completely frozen, having zero idea of what to say to that.

As I'm watching him, I can see tears welling up in his eyes, and he starts blinking rapidly to get rid of them.

"But wait– you broke up what? Like half a year ago... I thought you haven't been with her since then." I say as I try to make any kind of sense out of this mess, now starting to lose control over the tone of my voice, the confusion and shock are evident in it.

"She's in the eighth month." He answers in a whisper, barely audible to me.

I furrow my eyebrows at that, not wanting to believe this is seriously happening with Harry.

Is this girl fucking crazy? What the fuck is wrong with her?

She didn't say a word for eight fucking months, then she calls him out of nowhere, dumping all this shit on him...