67.

TW: mentions of death

(also, friendly reminder that i'm not a doctor)

I picked up my coat, still laughing at Mitch's joke as I headed for the door, ready to go home

"Alright guys," I looked back at my friends with a smile on my face. The studio was a mess, beer cans and half eaten bags of chips scattered around everywhere, a clear trace of the good time that we had in the past few hours. "I'm off."

"Gotta get home to the wifey, huh?" Kid teased with a knowing look, making me roll my eyes.

"Fiancée." I corrected him. "And you know what? Yes, I do. She's waiting for me with lunch."

The guys erupted into loud cheers and I flipped them off.

"Shut up."

They only laughed harder at that. I chuckled along and shook my head, opening the door.

"Hey, Harry!" This time it was Sarah who stopped me. "Speaking of your still fiancée... Aren't you going to have that wedding already?"

"Yeah, it's been like the longest bloody engagement ever." Mitch added.

They didn't know about the baby. We hadn't told any of our friends, except Cash and Caleb. It was a mutual decision, to keep it a secret for as long as we could, mostly because we didn't want any hype. The more people knew, the more attention we'd get.

Plus, Elizabeth wanted to get through the first trimester. The first three months were always the most critical time and so she didn't want to jinx it.

"Okay, first of all, it's none of your business." I pointed at them, an amused grin on both of their faces. "And second, we want it to be... perfect. It's just... It takes a lot of planning. That's all."

Sarah looked at me for a moment, her eyes scanning over every inch of my face. I felt like she saw right through me, right through my lie. She knew I wasn't telling something, but she didn't comment on it.

"Don't make her wait forever." She simply said as I turned around, gave them a wave and started walking out of the room. "Life is too short, Styles!"

The way she yelled after me made me smile.

"Noted!" I shouted back and exited the building.

My car was parked on the street, right in front of the studio. I unlocked the doors and got in, starting up the engine when I felt my phone buzzing in my pocket. I shifted in my seat, awkwardly trying to get a hold of it as I cursed under my breath.

Once I finally managed to pull it out, I was met with an unknown number across the screen.

Without much thought, I answered the call. Most of these phone calls were work related so I assumed this one would be no different.