Friend Hangout?

This time I actually managed to return home, no more obstacles, such as weird otome game scenarios. I was greeted by Yuri, Michi's mom I just went in for the hug, actually wishing that I could actually stay with this woman as her daughter, she was so sweet.

"Mom, I am a pushover?" I must have weirded her out just a tiny bit.

"Did something happen?" she asked still holding me in her arms. I couldn't do anything but sigh, how could I explain to this woman that this system scammed me.

"There was this guy that wanted me to come over to his house, and I agreed." I looked up and saw the worry on her face. Most likely she couldn't trust a guy to keep his hands to himself.

"Don't worry, he just wants to write letters together, apparently he is friends with Kazutora, you know my second cousin...." she didn't seem to recognize the name.

"The one kid with divorced parents on your side of the family." it finally dawned on her, so she nodded.

"Nothing sus, just us two writing letters, and then he promised he will send them to Kazutora." She just nodded but didn't seem too sure about this.

"Thank you for telling me this, just make sure to stay safe, ok?" she kissed me on the forehead. I really wanted to give this woman the best mother award.

"Do you need help with cooking?" I asked, I really wanted to spend more time with her, and get to know her better.

"But dear, you usually don't like cooking, why the change of heart?" Well maybe Michi who was before me, didn't like to cook, but I thought sometimes messing around in the kitchen was fun.

"Well it was fun cooking with you during the morning, so..." there were never such fun activities with my family. And I would take family quality time, anytime, since I never participated in those.

"If you want to hang out together we can always go shopping for some clothes on the weekend." that sounded awesome.

"Really? You promise? Can we take dad too and eat dinner outside as well?" She looked kind of shocked.

"We can try to arrange that, but you know how busy your father can be. But since it's the weekend we are talking about, we can try asking him." I jumped around like a little kid on Christmas. This family was the best!

"Sing me up!" I yelled, confusing this sweet woman.

"So dinner, what are we making, I'm so pumped up!" She just laughed at my antics.

"Today's menu is curry," she said, I ran to the kitchen as we made curry based on her recipe. I just danced around in the kitchen while preparing the food, making her laugh a lot.

Once we were done, well Michi's father arrived, I witnessed kids on tv jumping on their fathers as some sort of greeting, since I have never done that before, now was the time to strike.

"Welcome back!" I yelled and zoomed thru the hallway and jumped onto the poor man, that frankly didn't lose his balance, which was quite remarkable.

"What's with the unusual happy greeting?" he asked placing a hand around me, pulling me into a warm and cozy hug.

"Eh, I just felt like it, how was work?" he shook his head, I guess he didn't have such a splendid day. Well me and you both. As soon father took off his suit jacket and shoes, we went to the table to eat. Mother made a conversation starter.

"Listen, dear, our daughter found a person she likes, she even made a bento for him." I guess this topic was top tier for any mom out there.

"Wait, when I think about it, you haven't told me how it went." I swallowed the food that I had in my mouth.