Kakucho's Friend~

I miraculously dragged my tired body back home however, thanks to my exhaustion levels which came from staying up all night, my ass came thru the front door, totally forgetting about how I snuck away in the middle of the night

I miraculously dragged my tired body back home however, thanks to my exhaustion levels which came from staying up all night, my ass came thru the front door, totally forgetting about how I snuck away in the middle of the night. But I soon realized climbing thru my open window wouldn't be any different because an angry mob was awaiting me inside the house. Dad, mom, and even Kazutora were aware I wasn't at home the whole night.

"Michi where have you been? We were worried about you." I guess only dad was slightly furious. Kazutora looked confused but curious, meanwhile, mom was only worried about my safety. I decided to deliver a half-truth with lies sprinkled on top.

"Sorry, one of my friends was scared to be all alone in the hospital, so I snuck out to keep her company... hope you're not mad..." I explained though soon couldn't stop myself from yawning.

"Why haven't you left a note to inform us about it?" Right they couldn't contact me because by mistake I left my phone behind.

"It slipped my mind, sorry." Unexpectedly Kazutora came closer, wait did this boy really just sniff me?

"You do really smell of hospital air." I tried to catch the hospital smell with my nose which he was babbling about but couldn't. Was his sense of smell better than mine?

Mom patted my head telling me how next time I should leave a message behind and we left this topic at that. I stuffed my empty stomach with food mom had so nicely prepared and then I decided to dive under covers to catch up on sleep. Before that I put on the alarm to wake me up in like 3 hours, I didn't have the luxury to mess up my sleeping schedule, even if it was in the middle of summer. I still had responsibilities to keep track of. I changed into pj's and as soon my body hit the bed I passed out.

I woke up confused when the alarm started to ring, I really wanted to head back to sleep, I stared at the ceiling considering my choices, but that's when I heard shouts from mom coming from downstairs.

"Michi!" I picked myself up trying to understand what she wanted but heard Kazutora's voice next.

"Some guy claims he's your friend! Can you verify because mom has never seen him before!" He was already calling her mom, how precious. I tried to organize my thought the only people I could think of coming unannounced was Keisuke and Senju, but neither of them fit the bill. I decided to walk down in pj's only to see Kakuzo standing in the door frame.

"Kakucho! You finally decided to visit!" I said while turning my head toward mom.

"Not sure you remember, but he's my childhood friend, we have lost contact but I tried to reconnect recently." Kakucho seemed to be embarrassed probably at the sole thought of what I did the last time I saw him.

"Right I do recall someone going by the name Kakucho..." She said being deep in thought.

"Kakucho this is my brother Kazutora." The adoption process may have not yet been finalized, but I wouldn't let the government stop me from calling him as such.