Draken's Shadows~

The following day I somehow managed to find Draken, even if it took me a lot of running around and asking Emma where the beanpole was hiding, I came in time to witness Takemichi bowing his head while requesting.

"Let me be your bodyguard." That sounded and looked more dramatic in real life than what I saw inside the manga. Draken straight out refused, I wasn't sure whether his words were the same as in the script. However, he roasted Takemichi for not even being strong enough to complete the task, mentioning how annoying it all sounded and how well he could take care of himself. He left right after so I approached the disheartened Takemichi.

"What was that about?" I asked him glancing at Draken's figure that was slowly becoming smaller.

"Who are you?" He seemed confused, oh right before leaving the house the system gave me a mission to put on a wig or dress like a detective. So now I was parading here with a pink wig which I bought for the Ichigo cosplay and a pair of sunglasses.

"It's me Michi... your neighbor." He couldn't believe his eyes, but I decided to jump into my initial plan since I presumably distracted Takemichi.

"Listen here. I'm in the middle of spying on Draken do you want to join?" He nodded his head almost immediately.

"Great," I said while linking our arms together, Draken was nearly leaving our point of view, so I forced him to start moving.

"But why are you following him?" Great what excuse could I possibly give him? Right didn't Draken mention something about babysitting Mikey when Takemichi was within the earshot yesterday?

"Field study... I want to know what babysitting Mikey implies." He seemed to have swallowed my lies.

"You should change your getup... your hairstyle stands out, if Draken even glances your way he will realize it is you." I then gave him fake eyeglasses that the system wanted me to carry around today calling it a necessity.

"But doesn't your hair stand out more?" he questioned, well it probably did, but I doubted Draken would recognize me with the amount of make-up I put on my face today.

"It may be eye-catching but he won't realize it's me, can't say the same about you." I wasn't sure how come he never got caught in the manga by those two, did Draken and Mikey roll 1 on perception check that given day?

"Sure sure." He ruffed up his hair and put up the eyeglasses.

"Are you planning to use the couple card as our cover?" He asked glancing at my arm.

"Yes, aren't you smarter than usual today?" I teased him. We witnessed Draken picking up Mikey on his way, the first thing on their schedule was visiting a restaurant. We walked in and picked the best table to spy on their movements. We ordered drinks and one cold dessert. Unlike us, Mikey and Draken ordered full-out meals, Mikey of course wanted his kid's meal. Just like in the story he threw a tantrum once he found no flag on top of his food, we saw Draken whipping one out from his coat.

"Do you think he carries around a stash of those?" I asked Takemichi as his face became more bleak hearing this.

"That sounds somehow terrifying." That's when one piece of artwork from the internet popped into my mind.

"Like imagine, under that large coat of his, there is a flag of each country neatly stacked away in rows." Takemichi started to laugh at the sole thought. But this attracted the beanpole's attention, I quickly put my hand on Takemichi's cheek and stroked it, since all he could see was his back, he just barfed at the lovely dovely couple and went back to eating his meal. I soon withdrew my hand.

"Was that really necessary?" He leaned in closer and whispered.

"This way he would be less suspicious, even if he realized it's the same clothes you had before. He may believe it's just a coincidence." Takemichi nodded realizing I did had a point. As I scooped some ice cream and fed it to him with my spoon. Since it would take some time before they would finish Takemichi decided to take this time to start a conversation.