Chase~

School on Wednesday went by without a hitch, my only problem was that at times I found my boyfriend spacing out when I was telling him something, yet I held my complaints back, trying to be patient. Being aware that sometimes there were days you just didn't feel like interacting with anyone for that matter, but you keep your mouth shut not wanting to offend them. And that's how I interpreted his actions today, so I let him be most of the time, focusing my mind more on my studies.

Hence I was more than shocked when Tetta asked me.

"You want to come over today?"

"No can't do, I promised Jun we would hang out, how about tomorrow?" It was perhaps better to make plans ahead of time, I couldn't keep expecting him to keep dropping everything else for my sake.

"Only if you don't mind Hanma tagging along." I laughed nervously while admitting.

"I'll pass." The giraffe dropped his love pursuit, but I couldn't be sure it was a long-lasting resolution.

"Right, before you go... will you expect me to keep track of all the 100 days anniversary and any similar crap?" Was that what have been bothering him all day long?

"No." Mostly because I didn't grow up with these kinds of expectations.

"The only datum your little mind needs to trouble itself about is my birthday... and probably the wedding anniversary in the future." I stuck out my tongue on the last part and ran out of the classroom.

When coming back home I skipped on mom's homemade food, promising I would eat it later, knowing full well that my bestie would drag me to a food place anyway. So after changing my clothes and meeting Jun at the designated area, we soon walked into a mall, making rounds in every single store, later sitting down for food, pursuing various topics, one of them being Emma's birthday present.

"No I think jewelry is too much, it's not like you're her boyfriend." Was there some kind of set of hidden rules in this society that I still wasn't aware of?

"Does it matter?" I asked dumbfoundedly.

"Yes, it would be like telling her boyfriend, you're once again trying to pursue Emma." Was it? But I didn't think Draken would be bothered by something so minor, he didn't seem to be the kind of guy that would be insecure about money. But on another note repurposing future Ran's gifts out of convenience, wasn't the best idea. Sure these items were dumped on me all of sudden, but it was barely a couple of days since I received them.

"So what kind of gift are you recommending on buying her?"

"How about some hair care products?" Sounded practical and easy, something most girls would use, but then I started utilizing my head, recalling her hobbies.

"Cooking," I muttered under my nose and suddenly it felt like a lamp lighted itself up in my brain.

"Or since she is passionate about cooking, I could buy her a professional knife, with her name engraved in it!"

"Wouldn't it be expensive? And a little too extreme?" I shook my head and assured the kid in front of me.

"Don't worry, when the time comes, I will buy you a whole professional nail set, for your birthday of course... that is if I don't go bankrupt before it happens."

"Sweet!" He cheered, nearly choking on the water he was drinking but then recalled.

"Shit now I'm sad that my birthday is all the way in April." Was he really set on becoming a nail beautician? Because that's how it looked to me. But then this dumbass added.

"That's why they say to have rich friends." I wanted to smack him for this comment alone, but then I informed him.

"But I do expect you to put in the same effort into my present."