Another Hospital Visit~

I was awoken by the endless stream of calls, people had a lot of time on their hands' first thing in the morning. That's when I picked up the phone and realized it was already 11 o'clock. I wasn't even surprised because I went to sleep around 2 o'clock. I wasn't mentally prepared for this day, I guess all the emotions that Izana was letting out somehow affected me as well. I shook my head to empty my head and finally picked up the next call.

"What?!" It was quiet on the other side, and I realized that I probably sounded too harsh. So I cleared my throat and asked.

"Sorry, what's up." Suddenly Emma yelled.

"Michi, why haven't you picked up any of our calls yesterday? Has something happened?" My tired brain recalled Izana's stupid words mentioned.

"Besides some weirdo telling me he will try to break my spirits, not really." Emma gasped on the other end.

"Why would somebody say something like this?" Emma asked as I sighed but my awesome brain had an excuse for any situation, wasn't there a Tumblr post that mentioned something about having weird thoughts after a certain time?

"He was up past his bedtime. So he was talking a lot of nonsense. Just a depressed bean that needs some love and attention." Sounded like a lie, but I didn't want to worry her about my safety. Because neither knives nor guns could finish my life's subscription.

"I guess this is not what you initially wanted to talk about. Did something happen, considering how many people were blowing up my phone?" Emma then clarified.

"We wanted to let you know how Draken got stabbed and was admitted to the hospital, but with time since no one could reach you, neither did your brother or parents knew your whereabouts we assumed the worst." Now when I thought about it she sounded tired, did she never get a wink of sleep?

"Sounds like you guys had a rough night, sorry for not answering my phone. It was on silent mode as I didn't want to be disturbed... How's Draken, his life is not in grave danger is it?" I pretended like I wasn't aware of what truly took place.

"The surgery was successful, but I haven't left the hospital yet." I wasn't so sure why everyone was so eager to let me know about Draken's state, was I considered one of the squad already?

"Do you want me to drop by? Do you need anything?" I guess giving food to a patient was out of the question, but I could always prepare some food for Emma if she desired.

"Can you come right now?" She wondered, that would be quite tough since I needed to eat, I wouldn't run anywhere without some proper food in my stomach.

"I just woke up, but I will try to come as soon as I dress up and grab a quick snack," I concluded the call after getting the address to the hospital. I put on the simplest outfit, grabbed a wallet, my phone, and keys, and wandered downstairs.

"Michi I already fed the cat... are you going somewhere?" I nodded my head.

"My friend asked me to come to the hospital." before they question me about anything I added.

"Her boyfriend got stabbed so... yeah." I realized my today's share of breakfast was neatly stacked away in the fridge.

"You're not going to warm it up?" Mom wondered as I shook my head and ate it cold, it wasn't the best in this chilly state, but any inconveniences for Emma's sake.

"I see, but come back soon, I have some news to deliver to you kids." I just nodded my head, stuffing my mouth with food, nearly choking on it, I guess being too hasty wasn't paying off. As soon as I finished it I ran outside, grabbing my bicycle for faster transportation.