Bonus Chapter! In Another World~

Author's Note:

Some people wanted to see what Future! Michi and Haitani Bros were up to, so that's what it is :D Enjoy~

---------------------------------------------------------

I thoroughly eyed the two full-grown men that were standing in front of me, reminiscing about the time we spent together in our teenage years, although it was short I still found those memories precious to me. But there was this one question troubling my mind.

"Have the two fine gentlemen even considered the consequences of your own actions when making this hasty decision?" I asked resting my palm on the handle of my sword, which was attached to my hip, it became a habit of mine.

"Why should I hesitate when I finally received the chance to see you again?" Ran yelled happily and wrapped his hands around me without warning.

"Well, you never know what happened in those 12 years that passed us by, what if I turned into a bad person?" I criticized them for their impulsive nature while poking the guy's forehead, checking if there was still a brain inside.

"Considering you're already scolding us for our bad decision-making, I believe you are in fact a kind person." Rindou was using his logical sense, probably still shaken up by the fact the girl that his brother have been simping for years, did in fact exist.

"Ugh follow me, we need to make it to my house before sundown. We can talk on the way." I picked up the basket from the ground that was filled with herbs and we started our journey back to the village I was living in. Ran of course had to make the first move, by holding onto my free hand and interlocking our fingers together.

"So where exactly are we?" How should I have approached this?

"Basically the setting of this place is ancient China, a cultivation story." I briefly explained.

"Cultivation?" Rindou asked as Ran latched onto another word completely.

"Story?"

"Yes this world is based on a story I briefly read in the past however, I only recall a few small details of this world's setting and plot... as to answer Rindou's question... I will teach you both martial arts you know by using swords... unless one of you wants to dwell into assassination techniques then be my guest but then you probably need to find some other teacher." They both gave it some thought.

"Is this place so dangerous?" They both asked in unison.

"I guess besides monsters there is also the threat of corrupted people that are always in search of power, bandits are also a thing... and I bet you two have potential so there is nothing to worry about." Because if there was something they were good at it was fighting and the usage of weapons.

"So you upgraded from fighting teenagers in gangs to fighting monsters using swords?" Ran asked eyeing my blade.

"Would call it a downgrade, I'm always off taking commissions from nearby villages. You know like a mercenary, at times I take food as payment, it depends. This means I can't live the quiet life I dreamed of as an artist." I said while pouting, but this was what kind of path I chose for myself, it was better than living in that suffocating household.

"There is also the fact of missing modern utilities, so I hope you two can cope with it somehow as well." Observing their faces a sudden realization must have come to them.

"Finally the two of you realized the consequences of your action? I hope you also acknowledge Ran that a western style wedding isn't a possibility anymore." Ran seemed sad for a slight moment, but then we both heard him gasp in shock.