CHAPTER 01

On the campus of T University, in early September, the afternoon heat was strong, the air still and scorching, and only the humming sound of cicadas echoed between the woods and the academic buildings.

“Bang!”

A dull, loud sound broke through the silence.

“Are you tired of fucking living?”

Xiao Zhan rotated his wrist, cracking his knuckles, and cracked his neck from side to side, staring at the motionless boy opposite him against the wall. His dark, bright eyes shone fiercely, “Since you’re seeking death, this Ge will send you off.”

The students who were in the surrounding sports field heard the loud noise and were filled with alarm. After the sudden noise, they gathered around in excitement, but they didn’t dare to get too close. Several people recognized Xiao Zhan and whispered on the sidelines:

“This new student, eh, dares to mess around with Xiao Zhan…”

“Zhan Ge will teach another alpha how to behave properly as a man today.”

“Come on, fight, fight, I bet Zhan Ge will win!”

A trash can had been overturned on the ground and the metal surface had a dent in one place. Obviously, it had just suffered brutal and violent treatment. The drink bottles, fruit peels, waste paper, and so on from inside were scattered all over the place and the sewage was oozing out, spreading a yellowish-green stench.

The male student against the wall had just dodged the flying trash can. He was still in a panicked state, muttering to himself and cursing “fuck”.

It would be an understatement to say this steel-sided trash can was about thirty or forty kilograms (65-90lb) and the beautiful omega before him had thrown it with a single hand.

Who the hell was this King Kong Barbie?

Seeing other students around him whispering, the alpha student’s pride took a bit of a hit. His flirting hadn’t even been successful and he had actually been intimidated by an omega. He had just entered school, how could he make his way in the future after this?

He gulped his saliva and shouted, “This kind of omega needs some education! You can’t afford to be picky, just look how old you are!”

Xiao Zhan, who hadn’t yet passed his 21st birthday, narrowed his eyes.

An hour later, in the Office of the Academic Director:

“Xiao Zhan! It’s you again! It’s only been a few days since the school year started!” Shen YongMei felt angry that he was causing the same trouble yet again. “I’ve been at this school for more than 20 years and this is the first time I’ve seen an omega as thick-skinned as you!”

Xiao Zhan smiled and said, “Isn’t it cool, Dean Shen?”

“You’re still talking back!” Shen YongMei sat down, head aching. “The parents are asking that there be reprisals against you and I’m the only thing standing in their way!”

“An alpha was sent to the hospital by an omega, but you’re still asking scolding me for feeling no shame? Should I like losing face?”

Shen YongMei was so angry she leaped up from her chair, “Yes! You have so much potential, you have so much capability! But you just act so ferociously bad! If you don’t believe me, should I call your dad?”

Xiao Zhan curled his lip, “Alright, aunt, my good aunt, I promise that the next time I will resolve things peacefully.”

“You say this every time! Which next time exactly will you be obedient? Can you let me and your dad save a snack?”

“I can’t help it.” Xiao Zhan had originally been standing straight, but now he loosened up again, leaning against the desk, his slightly muscular pale arms propping him up on either side – a totally carefree appearance.

“Who asked them to mess with me first, trying to make me eat it.”

Shen YongMei just couldn’t take this nephew of hers, “Although it’s mainly their fault, you also need to find a partner. Suppressants can last for three years at most, there’s only a few months left –”

“Aunt, I know.” Xiao Zhan interrupted. “I’ll take care of it.”

“How can you take care of it? You don’t even have a person you like!”

Shen YongMei was really worried: Xiao Zhan was about to reach the age of 21 and have his first heat, yet he didn’t have a partner. His dad was reluctant to let him casually find someone to spend it with and had allowed him to use a suppressant, one that temporarily blocked alpha pheromones and delayed his heat..

After the injection of the suppressant, Xiao Zhan had experienced some effects, but his temperament originally wasn’t much like an omega’s. With the protection of the suppressant, he was no longer affected by alpha pheromones, so he had become even more unruly and out of control3. In his three years of university, he had sorted out countless conniving alphas and now when many of the lower-grade alphas saw him, they had to call him ‘Zhan Ge.’

Seeing that the suppressant would fail soon and that the love life of her nephew still had no progress, Shen YongMei could only be worried.

“Liking…… there is one,” Xiao Zhan said casually.

Shen YongMei stared blankly, “There is one? Who?”

“His name is Zou Rui, about my level, I think he’s very strong.”

“Are you looking for a partner or an opponent? ‘Very strong’…”

Xiao Zhan raised his wrist and glanced at his watch, “Aunt, I have to go back to the dorm. The weather forecast says there’ll be a thunderstorm for a while and my clothes are still hanging out.”

Shen YongMei waved her hand helplessly, “Go on, go, I’ll handle this matter for you. You should study hard and stop making trouble!”

“Got it.”

Xiao Zhan left the office and walked all the way to the dormitory.

The air before a heavy rain was always so suffocating, as if there were an unexplained dry fire that couldn’t escape from beneath his skin. It felt like he should be sweating, but if he raised his hand to wipe his brow, there would be nothing. It was really annoying.

When he returned to his dorm and went out on the balcony to collect his clothes, the sky was already overcast, and the blowing wind was mixed with heat and humidity. The sweat that had been licking under his skin for a long time suddenly came forth and was immediately blown dry by the wind, instantly invigorating and relaxing.

There were a few clothes that were hanging higher. Xiao Zhan stretched his arm to get enough reach and felt a slight soreness of pins and needles running down his arm.

“Fuck,” he cursed in irritation. He had to admit that the effect of his suppressant was gradually fading, the omega nature of his body slowly returning.

In the past, he could have picked up such a heavy trash can with little trouble, but today when he threw it with one hand, he had actually had to secretly borrow strength from other parts of his body, otherwise he wouldn’t have had enough power to scare off anyone.

But that wasn’t the worst part.

When that trash alpha deliberately released pheromones while hitting on him, Xiao Zhan had been keenly aware of the fluctuations in his body, no longer feeling nothing like before.

The beast that has been sleeping for a long time at the bottom of his heart seemed to have caught a hint of the scent, getting excited. It was just because the suppressant was still in effect that it hadn’t fully woken up.

Three months left, but it was really too fucking bad.

If he couldn’t find the right alpha pair, he would only be forced to fight off everyone when the heat period finally came. He would rather be tortured to death by his pheromones than go to bed with some person he didn’t like or even some stranger for three days and nights.

The thick gray clouds outside suddenly burst with white light and, after a few seconds, a roar of thunder cracked.

The raindrops that had been lingering for a long time finally fell. At first, they began to drizzle down but then quickly became heavy and strong torrential rain. Even the wind could not sweep the rain away. It slammed down on the fence of the balcony, the raindrops instantly soaking a large part of the floor.

Xiao Zhan quickly gathered his clothes. Accidentally, a clean T-shirt that had just been grabbed fell to the ground and was soaked through by the water there. He grabbed his clothes and quickly turned into the dorm, closing the balcony door and blocking the heavy rain instantly behind the obstacle.

Feeling really annoyed, he threw the pile of clean clothes on his bed, then undressed and took a shower in the bathroom. Washing off the sticky sweat was really refreshing. Then he put the towel he used to dry his hair over his shoulders, threw his dirty clothes and wet T-shirt into the basket. He grabbed the basket and walked out of the dorm wearing a tank top and slippers.

The big dormitory building was in good condition, with double rooms. Each individual room had its own bath, but he was too lazy to wash things himself. He usually went to the laundry room for a paid washing machine.

The dormitory building was not divided into special ABO sections. In any case, most omegas at this age had partners and wouldn’t spend their heats carelessly. There were some who couldn’t wait to live with their alpha.

The attraction between an alpha and omega is engraved in their genes.

This sentence Xiao Zhan had learned from his biology book, but he had always been skeptical of this ‘common knowledge’.

Since his childhood, he had never encountered an alpha that moved his heart.

The stronger the power and the more pure the pheromone, the more popular the alpha. They were born leaders. They stood at the top of the pyramid and looked down on the rest of humanity. The number of omegas that voluntarily offered themselves up were countless, so those alphas tended to become proud and arrogant, considering everyone beneath themselves.

Xiao Zhan didn’t want to fight for that kind of alpha at all. Besides, he knew in his heart that with his hard body and unscrupulous personality, he wouldn’t even rank a look in the eyes of those alphas.

As for the remaining normal alphas, although they were strong enough for the average omega, Xiao Zhan was no ordinary omega.

When he was fifteen, he fought alone against two alphas his age and won, making a name for himself as a fighter. He then took the title of “school tyrant”4 of the whole junior high school.

His alpha had to be stronger than him.

Footnotes:
1. To hate iron for not becoming steel (恨铁不成钢): an idiom meaning to feel angry/resentful towards someone for not improving and failing to meet expectations

2. To save a snack/dim sum (省点心): to save the trouble of worrying

3. Unruly and out of control (无法无天): from the idiom ‘like a monk holding an umbrella – no hair, no sky’, meaning defying the law and principles of heaven

4. School tyrant (校霸): xiaoba, the boss of the school, the strongest fighter

Thanks a lot for reading! Hope you enjoyed.

Your comments and votes will be highly appreciated here. Follow me for more updates.

STAY TUNED!

STAY SAFE AND HEALTHY!
HAVE A GREAT DAY / NIGHT!