CHAPTER 58

After Xiao Zhan's high-profile public display of affection during this time, the votes for the two of them for the Most Meng CP List far exceeded the second place count and everyone in the group chat finally didn't have to help him vote every day under coercion.

Wang Yibo still hadn't found out about it yet. Seeing that Xiao Zhan's mood had recently seemed to be particularly good, he asked curiously, "Has something good happened?"

Xiao Zhan wanted him to be pleasantly surprised, so he restrained himself and didn't say it. He just rubbed his head, "It's nothing. Come practice."

The so-called practice was to improve the kissing skills as previously discussed. It was only a few days until the vote's award ceremony. Whenever he was free, Xiao Zhan would practice with the other man and Wang Yibo naturally welcomed this gladly. Gradually he built up his courage, so even when they were outside, if his omega made the demand, he'd daringly pull him into a desolate corner and grind against him.

All the sufficient preparations were already in place for them to take first place, but the night before the voting deadline something unexpectedly happened.

Xiao Xiao was the first to discover it. In the group chat, he frantically pinged Xiao Zhan: [@XiaoZhan, it's a disaster, ZhanZhan!!! The third place couple is spamming votes!!!]

Xiao Zhan had been lying on Wang Yibo's bed, browsing on his phone. When he saw this message, he immediately sat upright.

His extreme movement was seen by Wang Yibo, who was at his desk working on an assignment. He asked, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, just a change of posture." Xiao Zhan couldn't explain more, immediately opening the forum's voting thread. As he'd been told, the third place, which was originally two or three thousand votes under them, had already surpassed the second place. The gap between them was only six hundred votes now.

He cursed inside and responded to Xiao Xiao: [Which department is the third place?] He needed to find this other party to have a "heart-to-heart discussion".

Xiao Xiao: [This alpha called Xu Sheng seems to be from the computer science department, I guess he's the crafty one.]

Xiao Zhan: [Got it.]

Just as he was opening his contacts and looking for his aunt's number to get the other guy's phone number, there was a *knock knock* on the dorm door.

Wang Yibo went to open the door, finding an unknown student standing outside. He asked, "Who are you? Who are you looking for?"

The man said nervously, "I-I'm looking for Zhan Ge, I am Xu Sheng of the Computer Science Department......"

Xiao Zhan's ears perked up and he immediately got out of bed. He walked to the door and glared fiercely at the other man, "I hadn't come to find you yet, yet here you are at my door. What, come looking for a fight?"

When Wang Yibo saw how angry he was, his expression immediately shifted from gentle to imposing. He pushed Xiao Zhan behind him protectively and, disregarding the reason, coldly asked Xu Sheng, "What are you up to?"

Faced with two imposing, aggressive fiends, Xu Sheng felt terribly afraid. He trembled, "Zhan Ge, I-I'm sorry! I will voluntarily take a beating if you let me have first place!"

These words were quite strange, plus he'd rushed here to take a beating. Xiao Zhan raised an eyebrow, "Come in and explain things clearly."

As soon as the door was closed, Xu Sheng opened his mouth under their scrutiny, "That is......I really am the one spamming votes. My girlfriend absolutely wants to win first place, otherwise she'll break up with me. She said I'm too useless, that she'd be better off with a freshman......" he said, cautiously glancing at Wang Yibo.