CHAPTER 28

Early the next morning, Wang Yibo woke up first as usual, quietly washing up and going to the athletic track to run a few laps. He bought breakfast on the way back. Seeing that it was almost time for class but that Xiao Zhan still wasn't awake, he had no choice but to wake him up, even though he couldn't bear doing so.

"Xuezhang, get up, you'll be late."

Xiao Zhan wrinkled his brow and opened his eyes halfway. He woke up in a bad mood and was about to look for who was foolhardy enough to dare to disturb his sleep, when he caught sight of his own silly dog, and swallowed back the curse words in his mouth.

Actually, he didn't normally dawdle around in bed. He always woke up full of energy, so a wake-up call wasn't necessary, but after hearing Wang Yibo call him "baby" last night, he'd been emotionally overwhelmed for a long time and had seen nothing but messy fantasies every time he closed his eyes. It was almost dawn when he finally fell to sleep in a daze, so after only a few hours of sleep, there were pretty dark circles under his eyes.

"......oh, got it." Xiao Zhan awkwardly shifted his gaze away and sat up. He was struggling a bit to face Wang Yibo, afraid recollection of the night before would make him blush.

He'd lose so much face, not being able to sleep all night because a guy two years his junior called him 'baby'. How could he explain such a thing?

I absolutely can't let the silly dog know, otherwise if he called me 'baby' in the future, wouldn't I have to obey him?

"Xuezhang, are you okay?" Wang Yibo noticed that Xiao Zhan 's complexion wasn't good. He thought that he was feeling sick, so he stretched out his hand and tried to touch his forehead to check his temperature, but Xiao Zhan warded off his touch firmly.

"I'm fine, your......your hands are too cold."

Was it that Wang Yibo's hands were too cold or his own face too hot? Xiao Zhan also wasn't entirely sure.

Wang Yibo froze and looked at his hand. There had been a severe winter wind blowing outside when he'd come back from buying breakfast just now. The skin on his hands was still cold from the outside air and his fingertips frozen.

"Sorry, I didn't notice......If everything's alright, then have breakfast first."

Xiao Zhan was about to agree when he glanced at the time on his phone. There were only ten minutes left before class, so he immediately jumped out of bed, "You eat, I'm going to be late."

The professor of this class was his aunt's bestie. She had been entrusted by Shen YongMei to watch him very closely and be particularly strict. For example, he would be asked questions in each class. If he were late, he'd be taken away and interrogated by his aunt.

Xiao Zhan carelessly threw on some clothes and rushed into the bathroom to wash up. Wang Yibo followed after him to persuade him in a stammer to have breakfast. He brushed his teeth and let out a grunt of agreement. When he came out, Wang Yibo had already packed up his share of steamed dumpling for him to take along to the classroom. There was also a cup of soy milk that would've been inconvenient to pick up, so Xiao Zhan bowed his head and drank a few sips as Wang Yibo held it.

"Xuezhang, you have something there......"

Wang Yibo wanted to wipe off the few soy milk drops from his lips, but when Xiao Zhan saw him approaching, he recalled what had happened the night before and twisted his face away subconsciously, avoiding his hand.

Wang Yibo's hand paused.

"I'm leaving first." Xiao Zhan didn't dare to look at him again, opening the dorm door and rushing out.