CHAPTER 25

Xiao Zhan returned to the school by himself, his expression so gloomy that everyone he came across on the road beat a hasty retreat. As soon as he entered the dorm door, he knocked over the shelf where random junk was stored and things spilled across the floor with a cascade of pings and bangs.

He was in no mood to clean it up. He stripped off his coat and threw it to the ground to vent his anger. When the sounds in the room quieted, he realized that his actions had been very childish.

His body was inexplicably feverish, perhaps because he'd just been in a cold blowing wind. He took off his sweater in irritation and tugged open the collar of his shirt to feel more comfortable. However, after a moment, the heat rose again but, this time, it seemed different from reactionary heating caused by the cold.

Fuck, pheromones are in disarray.

As his heat approached, his suppressant's protective effect was becoming weaker and weaker, also making his mood violently fluctuate. He was also becoming feverish due to the large amount of overflowing pheromones flooding his body. Although he could endure it if he had enough tolerance, the process was obviously uncomfortable.

However, at this moment, Xiao Zhan had no interest in paying attention to the abnormalities in his body, because his mind was full of anger.

Angry at Zou Rui, angry at Wang Zhe, but also, most of all, angry at himself.

Not only did he not have the ability to make his own alpha stronger, he'd also lost his temper with the other guy. Such a slag, he wanted to beat himself up.

He clearly cared about Wang Yiboa lot and he minded hearing the other say something to belittle himself, so he'd felt distressed and angry. He hadn't been able to control his emotions for a moment and had said such hurtful words in a moment of anger.

He didn't actually expect Wang Yiboto become strong at all, but he wanted to give him the courage and confidence to be his alpha and not always think of himself as inferior.

He also knew that his own temper was no good, that he wasn't as gentle, soft, and considerate as other omegas, but he'd been so obvious and proactive, so why was Wang Yibostill not confident enough to be his alpha? Had he not been blunt enough about his affections? He had allowed him to kiss him, to hold him, and would give him whatever he wanted, as long as he opened his mouth and asked.

But Wang Yibonot only ignored him and didn't ask for anything, he'd even let him take it all back.

He wanted to move forward standing shoulder-to-shoulder, but the other side kept shrinking back.

Who wouldn't be fucking angry?

*Knock knock* Suddenly, the sound of a knock rang through the door, and then Wang Zhe's cautious voice sounded out, "Xuezhang, can I come in?"

Xiao Zhan was still holding back his anger, so he didn't want to say a word, but his body seemed to sense that his alpha was finally nearby and his fever began to rise even more, his cheeks flushing lightly.

"Xuezhang, I'm sorry, that wasn't what I meant...... I'm very happy with you, even though sometimes I feel sad......"

Xiao Zhan had originally been trying to dissipate his anger before seeing him again, but when he heard this last sentence, he suddenly became furious, "Then get lost! Find someone who makes you happy!"

I also want to make you happy – I kissed you, let you mark me, let you be my alpha, said that you are my darling, haven't hidden it from others at all, and showed you off in front of others; why do you still feel sad? What am I doing wrong?