CHAPTER 36

Even at this moment, he could still retain his cool-headedness. With determination, he composed himself and steadied his figure. He Yan came around the car carrying a bag in his hand and saw him standing still, so he asked in puzzlement, "Why haven't you gone in?"

But as soon as he drew near, he smelled the faintly discernible pheromone scent in the air.

"Fuck me! Hurry inside. Dixi1, don't hurt me!" He Yan, who'd been a single alpha for many years, acted all flustered, not knowing if he should support him with a hand or not.

Xiao Zhan took the bag, sucked in a deep breath, and then said in a firm tone, "I'm fine, let's go."

The key was inserted into the door lock and twisted, the noise immediately startling the person inside.

"Xuezhang!" Wang Yibo almost ran out from the inside, not even wearing slippers, but when he saw Xiao Zhan coming through the door alongside He Yan, he instantly froze in place.

Jiang ShaoYan's expression went cold. He took a single step forward and was about to release some harsh words. Suddenly, his back was pushed hard and his whole body was propelled towards the unsuspecting Wang Yibo.

He fell into a warm and familiar embrace.

"No thanks needed. You two hurry up and talk it out. I can't stand the scent, bye-bye!" The culprit, He Yan, grabbed his own forgotten belongings from the entrance hall and hurried away.

The door closed with a *bang* and the house fell silent.

Wang Yibo tightened his arms, suppressing his instinctual urges. The scent unique to an omega lingered in the tip of his nose, pure and alluring.

There was no other scent on the one in his arms.

"I thought I'd lost you......" his voice trembled, "Do you still want me? Am I still your alpha......"

Xiao Zhan had originally wanted to lecture and admonish him, but catching sight of his red-rimmed eyes and the faint gleam of hope in those dimmed brown-green irises, he instantly lost the heart to lecture him.

"When did I say you weren't?"

Wang Yibo choked out a sob. "But I'm just a temporary substitute. I thought you'd found someone better and didn't need me anymore......"

Jiang ShaoYan's brows pinched tightly together, "Nonsense, what substitute? Who are you a substitute for?"

"Isn't it......" Wang Yibo sniffled, "You like Zou Rui, but he forced you, so you dumped him and ended up with me in a fit of rage, I know all that......

"But I really can't refuse you and I shamelessly thought that as long as you didn't meet someone else you liked before your heat, maybe you'd really be with me for the rest of our lives...... Such selfishness really does deserve retribution. My Ge really is better than me and you liking him is natural....... "

This time, Xiao Zhan finally understood the crux of the problem. He could only laugh. "The hell you know! I like Zou Rui? I like your brother? Then why did I still come back to find you? You really are so stupid I could die!"

Wang Yibo's eyes glistened with faint tears, "I am stupid. All I know is what you've said and how you've said it. You said you liked Zou Rui. You also said you liked my Ge. You called them Ge and listened to them. They could tell you to do things you didn't want to do, eat things you didn't want to eat......

"But the way you treat me – you only call me 'silly dog' and say that I'm as annoying as a dog...... What else can I do besides cling to you, wagging my tail and begging for pity? I just want you to see my merits and like me more, that's all...... "