CHAPTER 14

Early the next morning, while Wang Yibo was still asleep, Xiao Zhan went to the Academic Administration Office and asked his aunt to check the footage of the corridor outside the rehearsal hall the previous night to find the perpetrator.

Unfortunately, because the light in the corridor was too dark, a blurry silhouette could barely be seen after he looked at it for a long time, the face completely unrecognizable, so he had to give up for the time being.

The investigation wasn't very successful. He suppressed his anger deep down and went to the cafeteria to buy breakfast with a fierce expression on his face, frightening the student in front of him who didn't know if he should run away.

"It's your turn, hurry up," Xiao Zhan offered a reminder.

The student trembled, "A-A-Auntie, give me a meat bun and a boiled egg......"

Xiao Zhan impatiently waited for him to finish up and then stepped forward, "Auntie, one of each."

The student who hadn't left yet heard this and was shocked. There were more than a dozen types of breakfast foods in the cafeteria. They had everything. What a horrifying appetite......

Zhan Ge really was, as the rumors said, not a normal omega......

Xiao Zhan carried the large bag of hearty breakfast food back to the school infirmary. As soon as he opened the ward door, he found that Wang Yibo was awake.

"Morning, Xuezhang......" His hair was a bit messy, his eyes blearily looking at him. Apparently he'd just woken up.

"Morning, what do you want to eat?" Xiao Zhan put the bag on the table, taking out all kinds of breakfast foods – steamed buns, flower rolls, fritters, pancakes, boiled eggs, soy milk, congee, pumpkin porridge...... Soon the whole table was full.

Wang Yibo 's eyes widened a little and he said in astonishment, "Xuezhang......are you this hungry?"

Xiao Zhan was dumbfounded. "I bought it for you, silly dog. I didn't know what you like."

Previously, Wang Yibo had bought breakfast for him almost every day and he'd refused several times to no avail, so he'd accepted it with a clear conscience in the end. Thinking about it now though, he usually woke up too late, so he didn't know how early Wang Yibo got up to buy it. Plus he'd then be occupied with his own food, never paying attention to the other party's preferences. It really wasn't proper.

"It's fine to just buy whatever you want," a bright smile broke out on Wang Yibo 's face, "I'll like anything Xuezhang buys."

Xiao Zhan was shaken by his handsome face, which seemed to be shining like a beam of light, and his heartbeat began to race a bit. He pretended to cough a few times, "Then you should be afraid of dying from eating too much."

In the end, he couldn't eat all of it himself.

A dozen breakfast foods were indeed too much for two people, so when the school doctor came in to do a check-up, what he saw was an alpha paralyzed in the bed and an omega paralyzed in the chair.

The school doctor scented the air, but there was no pheromone scent at all. Had these two people fought all night?

After a careful inspection, Wang Yibo 's sprain was determined to not be as serious as the previous night. He could return to the dormitory, but he couldn't walk on his own. He needed crutches.

Wang Yibo was a bit resistant at first, but he was glared at by Xiao Zhan and instead immediately took the crutches handed over by the school doctor obediently. He limped back to the dormitory with their support. On the way, he received the stares of many students and became so ashamed that he almost buried his head in the ground.

Both of them requested a day off. Wang Yibo had been told he had to rest to recuperate from his injury and since there was nowhere else to go, he lay down on the bed again.

Xiao Zhan received a call from Zou Rui as soon as he settled his silly dog down.

Close beside him, Wang Yibo saw the name on the caller ID. His mood suddenly slipped into gloom and he said softly, "Xuezhang, you can answer it, don't worry about me." Then he conscientiously turned away and lay down facing the wall.

Xiao Zhan frowned and walked away to answer it, appearing as if he didn't trust Wang Yibo . He answered in the middle of the room with a calm and confident tone, "What's up."

Zou Rui let out a loud laugh, "Zhan, I heard that your roommate stumbled on a staircase? So weak, hahaha."

The dorm room was extremely quiet, resulting in echoes ringing out from the call, so Xiao Zhan was sure that Wang Yibo must've heard that, but he didn't react. His body was incredibly still and not even the sound of breathing could be heard.

Xiao Zhan ground his teeth.

"If you don't believe it, should I break your leg?"

Zou Rui laughed and said, "What are you talking about–"

"Wang Yibo was injured while protecting me," Xiao Zhan deliberately raised the volume of his words to ensure that the person on the bed could hear him, "So whoever laughs at him is laughing at me. If you don't want to fight me, close your stinky mouth."

"......you're scolding me over him?" Zou Rui couldn't believe it, but then he recalled Xiao Zhan's bad temper. There was no benefit in being firm against him, so he had to endure his anger for a while, and wisely changed the topic. "Alright, alright, I know you well. I don't want to argue with you. I just wanted to ask, remember your promise to be my partner? "

He skipped right to an awful topic. Even just hearing it mentioned made Xiao Zhan angry. Why did I even agree? Keeping his promises had always been one of his life principles, so he couldn't go back on the agreement.

But now that he was thinking about it, he could take this opportunity to explain things to Zou Rui, that they really weren't well-matched and that there was no need to continue on together.

Before revealing his feelings to Wang Yibo , he had to sort out his relationship with the other alpha, otherwise how could he be worthy of the other person's wholehearted, focused feelings?

"I remember. We'll talk about it more another day. I'm hanging up first." Xiao Zhan couldn't be bothered to deal with nonsense small talk and just immediately ended the call.

Wang Yibo , who had listened to the whole conversation, rolled over and, with a disappointed expression, said in an apologetic tone, "Xuezhang, I might not be able to teach you to dance anymore, I'm sorry....... I hope you and Zou-xuezhang have a good time......"

Xiao Zhan immediately got even more angry.

Didn't he swear he wouldn't give up? Was this silly dog really surrendering now?

"I won't have a good time," he said in indignant rage. "If I can't dance with you, how can I have a good time?"

Wang Yibo shrank back and replied cautiously, "Sorry...... then I-I'll get better as soon as possible and then teach you to dance. Don't get angry......"

"That's more like it." Xiao Zhan was now satisfied. Pretending to be furious was a pretty effective method. He figured that he should train this silly dog more in the future, otherwise he'd always be timid and shy, never taking the initiative at all.

Ai, love is a really strenuous subject.