CHAPTER 27

For several consecutive nights, Xiao Zhan stayed in Wang Yibo 's bed. The dormitory beds were a little larger than a normal single bed, so even though it was a little crowded, it was able just enough to accommodate two people. Moreover, Wang Yibo always hugged him in his arms almost all night.

Since he had a temporary mark now, he didn't need to worry about being disturbed by alpha pheromones or fluctuating moods for about ten days. However, his suppressant was almost ineffective. Calculating the days, the suppressant would completely lose its effect right near the end of the semester. After that, any little situation could possible trigger his long-delayed heat. He had no other choice than to delay it day by day because what if his alpha wasn't ready yet?

Few people noticed his mark. Firstly, Wang Yibo 's pheromone scent was too weak to be noticed if they weren't close to him, and secondly, few people dared to get close to him.

"Your scent is a bit off......"

The first one to discover it was Liu Han. He leaned in close to Jiang ShaoYan's neck to confirm that it wasn't just the scent of the omega himself. A second later, Jiang ShaoYan's elbow cracked down on the top of his head.

"Aiyo, our Zhan Bao finally has an owner, hooray. Let me guess which alpha isn't afraid of death...... It can't be the one who was as completely incompatible with you as fire and water?"

He said this in a loud voice, so several students took notice and came over. Xiao Zhan covered his mouth with a "slap" and the loud sound scared the watching students into quickly turning their heads, pretending that nothing had happened.

"Who the hell is completely incompatible. You're so uncultured. Our names clearly include 'King', very well-matched," Xiao Zhan lowered his voice and spoke fiercely.

(t/n: the character for King – 王 – is pronounced similarly to Wang Yibo 's Wang – 汪)

Liu Han: "???"

Isn't "incompatible as fire and water' what you said, my friend??

Liu Han, who'd been roasted again, fake cried and then let it go after a moment. His mouth was a little numb from the slap just now, so he kneaded it sadly and said, "You don't care what other people think, so why did you stop me just now??"

Xiao Zhan frowned, "I don't care, but he still doesn't seem very self-confident in being my alpha, so I don't want anyone to know, so he isn't pressured at all."

The corners of Liu Han's mouth twitched, "You're thinking too much...... He asked me previously how he could be your alpha."

Xiao Zhan was stunned. "He asked you? When? How did you answer?"

Liu Han shrugged, "A long time ago. Probably just after we met. I, of course, told the truth, saying that you'd mind that his pheromones were too weak, but if he could change that, there might be a chance."

Xiao Zhan nodded. If Wang Yibo asked him directly, he would've given the same answer at that time. The pheromone issue was still his biggest worry right now. If he couldn't think of a solution, he'd have no choice but to take things one step at a time.

"What did that silly dog say?" He was curious about Wang Yibo 's attitude, wondering if Wang Yibo wasn't confident in being his alpha because of this incident.

Liu Han thought back. "He doesn't seem to care much about the pheromones, and asked me 'ignoring the pheromones, is it possible that Xuezhang could like someone with personality like mine?'."

Xiao Zhan was a bit surprised. Unexpectedly, Wang Yibo was more concerned about personality? According to common sense, the strength of an alpha's pheromone was the key deciding factor on acceptance. Although Wang Yibo 's personality was a little feeble, with his height, handsome appearance, and gentle and considerate character, even if his pheromones were just ordinary, he'd still definitely be very popular.