CHAPTER 20

The next day was Saturday. Xiao Zhan 's dad had just returned from a business trip and he'd previously agreed to go home to have a meal together with him. Although he was a bit reluctant because he'd just established a relationship with his boyfriend, his boyfriend was quite sensible and, when he learned about the situation, told him he couldn't not go home.

Before leaving, Xiao Zhan said, "Wait for my vid chat," and Wang Yibo immediately smiled brightly, replying, "Yes!"

Upon returning home, Papa Jiang served him a meal. Xiao Zhan lay down on his bed after eating and checked the time. Noticing that Wang Yibo was probably almost back to the dorm, he made a video call. Wang Yibo quickly answered, but the background wasn't from their dorm.

"Where are you?" Xiao Zhan asked, looking at the dark scenery on the screen.

Wang Yibo 's face was still clearly lit, "At the Astronomy Club. The president said that there might be a meteor shower tonight, so he called everyone together to observe it."

Xiao Zhan recalled that Wang Yibo had been in the Astronomy Club booth on the day of the school festival. He'd never asked him much about his club activities, but right now, his interest was piqued. "You like watching the stars?"

Wang Yibo answered, "The stars in today's sky are so far away from us. The light has been transmitted for centuries or even millennia, but they still reach us nevertheless. As long as you strive hard to shine your own light, one day you'll inevitably be seen by someone too."

Xiao Zhan was a bit confused by this off-topic response, but he still replied, "Mhm."

"Xuezhang really doesn't remember." Wang Yibo let out a bitter laugh. "Those words were what you said to me before."

Xiao Zhan blinked in surprise. He'd made such a grandiose declaration of prose?

"When–" When did we actually meet? Xiao Zhan wasn't able to get the question out before his open bedroom door was knocked on with a *tap tap* and, as usual, Papa Jiang came in bringing an after-dinner plate of fruit.

"Who are you chatting with? Same one as last time?" Papa Jiang asked for the gossip.

Xiao Zhan grudgingly turned the screen in his direction, "Yeah, the one who called you 'dad' last time."

Wang Yibo was still pretty nervous to talk to Papa Jiang, but he did slightly better than last time, respectfully calling out, "Hello, Uncle!

Papa Jiang greeted him with a smile and then looked him over carefully for a while. He asked suddenly, "Last time, I thought you seemed familiar and I kept thinking about it afterwards. Kid, did you come to our house before, to ask which university Xiao Zhan had been accepted to? "

Wang Yibo blushed in embarrassment. "Yes......Uncle's memory is very good."

"Haha, so it's really you," Papa Jiang laughed and said, "I was just glad that my son had attracted such a handsome and young alpha. But in the end, you didn't show up again afterwards. I thought it was hopeless. I didn't expect you to actually go to his university!"

On the sidelines, Xiao Zhan listened to this chat for a while and then said in astonishment, "Dad, when did you meet him?"

Papa Jiang thought back, "It feels like it was just after you passed the exam for T University? I came home and found this child squatting in front of our house. He asked me where you were going for university and said he was going to take the entrance exam for the same place as you. I thought he seemed very sincere, so I told him right away."

Xiao Zhan stared in shock.

When he was a freshman in university, Wang Yibo was in senior high school? He liked him all the way back then?