CHAPTER 43

When they finished for the day, Xiao Zhan 's first heat finally seemed to end as well. After being baptized from head to toe, he smelled of Wang Yibo 's scent inside and out, announcing that the two of them had formed a bond.

Pitiful Papa Xiao didn't learn of this bolt from the blue until his son had already been eaten up without a trace1.

"What??!!!!"

Xiao Zhan held the phone a little further away, "Dad, I almost went deaf, quiet down."

"How can I be calm when someone bedded my son?"

"Tsk, obviously it was your son who did the bedding." Xiao Zhan smirked and looked over at Wang Yibo , who was trembling in fear because of his yuefu2's roar, "Would you like to say a few words to him?"

Wang Yibo suddenly looked as if he were about to face his fiercest foe. He nervously took the phone with the speaker phone on in both hands.

"Uncle......"

Xiao Zhan kicked him, "How should you call him?"

Wang Yibo quickly corrected himself, "Dad!"

Papa Xiao didn't know whether to laugh or be angry, "You, young man, are so fast, aren't you? I know you really like my son and I think very highly of you, but this was too sudden, I don't know how to accept it...... This is what they call 'decapitating first then presenting the trophy'! "

Xiao Zhan cut in, "Or what? Were we supposed to call you to announce we were about to have sex? Didn't you already know that I was about to go into heat?"

"Aiyo......I really don't know what to do with you." Papa Xiao was helpless against this son who'd never taken the usual path. But in the end, he was still worried about him. "So how is your body doing now? Were there any side effects from the suppressant failing?"

"Very good, your nuxu3 is awesome." Xiao Zhan leaned lazily against Wang Yibo 's broad shoulder, pinching his red ear, "Say a few words."

Wang Yibo stuttered out, "Dad, Zhan is very well. I-I will take care of him, please rest assured!"

Papa Xiao inquired carefully about a few things and was relieved after confirming that his son's body wasn't in an abnormal condition. He could barely digest the fact that he liked the fact that he was suddenly a yuefu and changed the topic, "Baobei, I won't be able to return from work the day after tomorrow to celebrate the New Year. I can't keep you company, I've wronged you."

"It's okay, then I'll just go to my grandparents' house by myself?"

"Yes, they've been missing you." Papa Xiao thought it over for a bit, then added, "Take Xiao Wang back for them to meet."

Wang Yibo was startled, "Ah, o-okay!"

After finishing the conversation with his father, Xiao Zhan hung up. Wang Yibo was still frowning anxiously and said in concern, "What to do, what presents should I take your grandparents? What should I wear? Are you going to tell them in advance? Isn't it bad to suddenly pay a visit? "

Xiao Zhan flicked his forehead, "Don't be nervous, they're very easy-going."

However, Wang Yibo still couldn't stop worrying. He spent the night on a search engine looking up "what gift to take when meeting a partner's grandparents for the first time". He specially got up early the next morning and went to the market to buy a bunch of dishes and also went to the mall to buy a lot of health care products and several massage devices for the elderly.

Xiao Zhan woke up in the morning and found that the pillow beside his was empty. He rubbed his eyes and went downstairs, catching sight of Wang Yibo rushing around the kitchen in a flurry.

"It's so early, what kind of dishes are you making?"

Wang Yibo turned his head, "I want to practice a few specialties, so tomorrow at your house I can cook for your grandparents. After all, my cooking skills aren't very good."

Xiao Zhan walked over to plaster himself along his back and look inside a simmering pot. It was all light home-cooked dishes. No wonder yesterday he'd asked what his grandparents liked to eat.

"How are your cooking skills no good? I think what you cook is very delicious to eat."

Wang Yibo paused and smiled faintly, "Xuezhang doesn't need to comfort me, I can only make a few certain things......breakfast is one of them and also sandwiches. Previously, you got sick of it and had no appetite, so I need to study a lot more."

Xiao Zhan was dumbfounded. "When did I say I was sick of it?" As soon as his words dropped from his lips, he remembered the hurtful words he'd said in anger that one day.

No wonder Wang Yibo hadn't cooked breakfast since then, buying the meals ready-made.

"Ah......I'm sorry, I didn't mean it that time, those were just angry words. Don't take them to heart." He rubbed against his back in an attempt to curry favor, "I thought you deliberately cooked mine well-done and made your own soft-boiled to annoy me. But thinking back, you had been acting strangely for a few days. I thought you were avoiding me because of my bad character and didn't like me anymore, which was hard to bear so I couldn't control myself very well at the time, I'm sorry. "

"How could I not like you?" Wang Yibo hurriedly turned around to explain himself.

Xiao Zhan held him still, "Okay, okay, I know you're the best match for me. Forgive me, okay?" He even fluttered his eyelashes.

Wang Yibo instantly couldn't fight back against him, "O-Of course, I didn't blame you in the first place......"

"You're so good." Xiao Zhan took the chance to kiss him hard, then said, "I really didn't hate the dishes you made. My grandparents will definitely like you a lot, don't be stressed."

More than half of Wang Yibo 's handsome face flushed red and he nodded shyly, letting out a soft "mhm".

Afterwards, in the face of Xiao Zhan 's coquettish act, Wang Yibo finally made another fried egg sandwich, soft-boiled at the center.

Footnotes:

1. Eaten, face dried and wiped clean (吃干抹净): slang for doing something thoroughly and carefully, similar to eating, wiping your face dry and clean so there's no trace after ↩

2. Yuefu (岳父): wife's father ↩

3. Nuxu (女婿): daughter's husband ↩