CHAPTER 33

There weren't many assignments from the university over vacation, so it was very leisurely. The two of them watched a movie on the computer and, by the afternoon, Xiao Zhan once again lay down, feeling sleepy. When he got up in the evening, Wang Yibo had already washed all the dishes and blindly pulled up some recipes on his phone. Xiao Zhan hurried to his side and took over the heavy responsibilities of head chef.

In the evening, He Yan returned from work around 8pm. Xiao Zhan was watching TV with Wang Yibo in the living room, so when he heard the door open, he immediately got up and walked over.

"Ge, have you eaten?"

He Yan took off his coat, "Not yet, are there any homecooked leftovers?"

"Yes, I'll warm them up for you."

Wang Yibo turned the TV off and came over, "Xuezhang, I'll do it."

Xiao Zhan had been the one to ask He Yan, so naturally, someone else couldn't do it in his place, "I will. You go up to rest first."

"I'm not tired."

"Do as you're told. Go to the room and wait for me."

Abnormally, Wang Zhe, who has always been so obedient, continued to argue, "I want to stay here......"

Xiao Zhan felt helpless. "There's something on my mind I want to talk to your Ge about."

"I can't listen?"

If you listen, how would it be a surprise? Xiao Zhan could only do his best to persuade him, "Not right now, I'll tell you later."

Wang Yibo frowned slightly. It looked as if he had something to say, but, in the end, he just answered softly, "Okay."

Xiao Zhan watched his desolate back as he went up the stairs. He thought that something seemed off with the silly dog lately, he was smiling a lot less and talking a lot less and he always looked sad and depressed.

*Ding!* The sound of the microwave interrupted his train of thought.

Xiao Zhan brought the specially-saved leftover dishes and rice to the table, then he took a set of tableware to He Yan. Afterwards, he sat across from him, doing nothing else but calmly looking across at the other, reflecting on how to open his mouth to begin.

He Yan said, "......Frankly speaking, Zhan , when your face is so blank for so long, it really feels like you might hit me at any second......"

Xiao Zhan 's mouth twitched slightly and the handsome, charming face beneath the iceberg thawed a bit, "Do I look that scary? My expression always scares Wang Yibo so much."

"No, you're very good-looking, really. You just seem a bit fierce when you aren't smiling."

"Then I'll smile more often." Xiao Zhan drew back the corners of his mouth to show a smile he believed expressed kindness.

He Yan's hair stood on end. "......or maybe don't. Say, what's up, why didn't you take your boyfriend on a date night? Why'd you want to be here to watch me eat?"

Xiao Zhan replied, "Ge, I want to ask you for advice about something."

After consulting for over half an hour, the plan was finalized. When He Yan was almost done eating, he put down his chopsticks and said, "I didn't expect you to be spoiling him. I originally thought he was the more proactive one between the two of you."

"Him taking the initiative?" Xiao Zhan was annoyed to hear him mention this. "I'm so fucking eager for him to take the initiative. Who knows where all the energy he showed when confessing to me disappeared to."