CHAPTER 51

Wang Yibo really was as good as his word for an entire month until Xiao Zhan completely recovered from his minor wounds and was discharged from the hospital. He didn't return to his eager, energetic appearance of the past and, besides essential discussions, he barely said anything at all.

While he was hospitalized, some classmates fortunately came by to deliver his school notes and homework every day, so Xiao Zhan didn't miss out on schoolwork or need to re-take any subjects.

On the day he was discharged, a group of people came over to celebrate and send him off to return to school. Even Papa Xiao, who was so busy with work, took vacation leave and specially flew in.

"Dad, you shouldn't have used it. You've taken almost half a month off," Xiao Zhan said.

With a guilty expression, Papa Xiao said, "Me being so busy with work caused this to happen to you. If I hadn't had to go on a business trip that day and made you go home, you probably wouldn't......"

"It had nothing to do with you. Even if I went home, I might've been stopped on the way. Besides, it was all okay, thanks to your nuxu," Xiao Zhan said, tugging at Wang Yibo 's hand.

Wang Yibo changed the topic, "Dad, I didn't protect Zhan . Blame me if you want to assign blame."

Xiao Zhan stared at him, "Why would you be blamed?"

Wang Yibo didn't look at him, continuing, "It was all my fault. Not only did my birthday plans fail, but he was also injured. I'm really useless."

Papa Xiao hurried to reply, "How could I blame you, I should thank you for not being too late. Thank you very much for saving my baobei."

Wang Yibo shook his head, "The only reason I arrived in time to save him was because Zhan is so strong that he was able to last for so long."

Xiao Zhan was inevitably proud of himself. "Yes, your son is very strong. Even if a few more came, I wouldn't be afraid."

Just as he said this, he suddenly realized that Wang Yibo had grabbed his hand.

Fuck, still at odds.

Xiao Zhan 's head started aching. In front of family, it wouldn't good to show that their little couple was in conflict, so he could only grin and bear it until they reached the school.

They returned to the dorm. Papa Jiang and the group of classmates and friends settled him in and then left. The dorm returned to its peaceful state after the bustle of excitement, leaving him and Wang Yibo alone.

He looked around at the familiar environment that he hadn't seen in a long time. Who could've imagined that after going out that night, he actually wouldn't come back until a month later. Except for going to class, Wang Yibo had practically been at the hospital the whole time too. Even at night to sleep, an extra bed had been brought into the hospital room. This could probably be referred to as "not letting someone out of your sight". However, the dorm was as clean and tidy as before, spotless without a speck of dust. It had clearly been cleaned up before he came back.

Tsk, he really is such a fussy housekeeper.

Wang Yibo was bustling around in silence, first making the bed, then gathering up the dirty hospital clothes to wash, never stopping to rest. Xiao Zhan wanted to lend a hand, but he was blocked by him.

"I'm already fine, see." Xiao Zhan rolled up his sleeve to display his previously-broken arm. After being covered by the cast for a month, his skin appeared to be as white as snow again.

"......"

"I'll wash the clothes. Why did you take all my underwear? Were you planning to do something naughty?"

"......" The tips of Wang Yibo 's ears turned red, but he still refused to hand over his clothes.

"Fine. Then let me tidy up the desk."

Xiao Zhan found himself bored to death cleaning up a tidy desk that didn't need to be cleaned. Suddenly he found something familiar-looking on Wang Yibo 's bookshelf and took it out to see. It was those two tickets for the amusement park.

The date on the ticket had passed long ago, so they were already void, sandwiched between the pages of a pamphlet. Xiao Zhan opened the pamphlet and took a look. It was a map of the amusement park, which had made many annotations, including the planned route of the date, the number of performance showings, the start time of the fireworks show, etc.

He was engrossed in looking at it when Wang Yibo , who'd just returned with the washed clothes to hang outside, saw what he was flipping through. He took a step closer and said sadly, "Sorry."

Xiao Zhan blinked in surprise, looking up at him, "Sorry for what?"

But Wang Yibo had stopped talking again, the disappointment he couldn't hide clear on his face. He hung his head and went out to dry the clothes.

Xiao Zhan quickly followed after him, "You can't still think this is your fault?"

Wang Yibo hung the clothes, then looked down, his gaze deep and cherishing, "You are my omega. I didn't protect you. So it's my fault."

"Since it's your fault, why be at odds with me?" he deliberately teased.

"This and that are two different things. In that kind of situation at the time, you did nothing wrong......I just hope that you'll rely on me a little more and not take all the burdens on yourself. Don't keep thinking you're invincible, not needing protection. Let me help you solve your problems. "

"Then what if you're not there?"

"Not possible," Wang Yibo said solemnly, "I swear that, from now on, I'll be with you forever and I'll never let you suffer the tiniest injury ever again. I keep my promises."

Xiao Zhan 's hear skipped a beat.

Too fucking manly, eh? This silly dog, no, this little wolf cub is maturing even more and becoming even more deadly.

When he snapped out of it, he softened his tone, "I haven't had anyone to protect me since I was a kid......let me think it over. Let's not talk about this for now. Let's go to the amusement park tomorrow, okay? You planned so much so it shouldn't be wasted."

Wang Yibo 's eyes lit up for a moment, but he immediately frowned a bit. Xiao Zhan didn't give him the opportunity to refuse, adding a killing blow as justification, "I also really want to go, keep me company, okay?"

Sure enough, Wang Yibo hesitated, thinking deeply for a moment. In the end, he finally nodded.