CHAPTER 50

There was a faint bird's song in his ear and a faint disinfectant odor lingering in his nose.

Xiao Zhan slowly opened his eyes. Everything before his eyes was white. White ceiling, white walls, white sheets, and......a person in a white shirt.

He wanted to reach out and push the Wang Yibo who had fallen asleep at his bedside, but then he realized that his left arm was bound up in a white cast.

"Oh......"

For some reason, his throat was a little hoarse. He swallowed his spit a few times to try calling out again, but Wang Yibo suddenly raised his head because of this slight movement. His bloodshot eyes were rimmed with red with dark circles underneath.

"Xuezhang! How are you feeling?" He quickly moved away, "I'll call the doctor to come check."

Xiao Zhan shouted at him, "Don't go, *cough cough*......"

"Okay, okay, I won't go, don't worry. Talk slowly."

Xiao Zhan looked at his tense face and couldn't help but chuckle, although it hurt a little due to the injuries on his face.

"Don't get so panicky, I didn't die, isn't that good?"

"But your hand......"

"It's just a broken arm, it's not my first time, so don't worry." Xiao Zhan smirked slightly, "Three alphas together couldn't beat me, that's broken my best record."

Wang Yibo reluctantly forced a small smile, "Mhm, Xuezhang is so awesome......" But with those words, his smile broke down and his eyes became even more red. "The doctor said that if you had taken any more blows to your back, your spine might've been broken. You could've been paralyzed......" His voice trembled, "I'm sorry......I didn't protect you......"

"Who wants your protection?" Xiao Zhan patted his head with his uninjured hand, "I can protect myself. Didn't you arrive in the end? Don't blame yourself."

Wang Yibo shook his head, "It was my fault. From now on, I will absolutely never let you get hurt again......however-" He shifted the line of discussion, "If this kind of thing ever happens again in the future, can you not fight recklessly right away? Think of another method to delay things for a bit. I will definitely come to protect you or maybe make an apology so we can leave. I'm really afraid of something bad happening to you......"

"I will never make an apology," Xiao Zhan said resolutely.

Wang Yibo went stiff for a moment, breathing heavily through his nose a few times. "I'll listen to you on every other topic, but just listen to me about this one thing, alright?"

"No, I can still fight, why would I give in? I've never given in against any conniving alpha."

Wang Yibo said anxiously, "In these kinds of circumstances, personal safety is the most important thing. Don't let your emotions rule you."

Xiao Zhan 's eyes widened, "I let my emotions rule me? That group of trash that wanted to do me, I would rather die than submit to them. If I didn't beat them, you'd blame me?"

"I just want you to rely on me a little more, I'm not blaming you-"

"I see exactly what you mean," Xiao Zhan said furiously, "The next time I run into this kind of thing, I'll still handle it however I want. Don't say anything else, I don't want to have to fix you up. Hmph."

His tone was deliberately filled with a sense of coquettishness. He thought that Wang Yibo would surely be tactful and coaxing when he heard it, going along with his wishes like usual. This strategy was well-tried and time-tested.