CHAPTER 21

Wang Yibo finished his recollection, but Xiao Zhan remained immersed in his memories. It wasn't until Wang Yibo softly called out to him that he snapped out of it.

"So you've liked me since you were a first year in junior middle school?" he asked in disbelief.

Wang Yibo nodded, his expression soft and deep, no longer the appearance of the youth from the past but faintly showing the calm, handsome man he was maturing into. It was only because he was still a bit young that he still carried a bit of a naive aura.

Xiao Zhan had always been aware that Wang Yibo liked him. After all, Wang Yibo had confessed on the first day they met. He'd never scorned those feelings, even his rejections had been carefully considered.

But he'd never imagined that Wang Zhe's feelings for him were far more long-lasting and cherished than he thought.

From the first year of junior high school to the first year of university, it was almost six years. What was it like to secretly be in love with someone for six years? He could hardly imagine the agony of it.

"Why didn't you ever tell me back then?"

"I was too young then, you definitely wouldn't have thought it was proper...... Also, I didn't think that I deserved you."

Xiao Zhan smiled, "What, you now feel worthy?"

Wang Yibo shook his head, "I don't think that now, but at the very least, I had the courage to confess to you."

"Don't be scared, you deserve me." I'm the one who doesn't deserve you, Xiao Zhan said in his heart.

How good to this silly dog would he have to be to make up for the deficit of the past six years.

He mused silently in his heart and suddenly recalled something else, "You also followed me to my senior high school?"

Wang Yibo confirmed that his guess was accurate. "Yes, I asked around to find out where Xuezhang went to senior high school. Fortunately, the exam score requirement wasn't too high and I was able to pass...... But when I entered the school, Xuezhang was already a third year. No matter how many times I saw you, I didn't dare disturb your studies...... "

Xiao Zhan covered his eyes and let out a long sigh. "Wang Zhe."

"Yes?"

"Don't really be an idiot."

Who would be foolish enough to like someone unfalteringly after so many years of missed chances? It turned out that while he was thinking he'd never find his one true love and had no other choice but to take suppressants, someone who secretly liked him all along had existed.

An age difference of two years wasn't that large, but they'd missed out on each other for so long.

Xiao Zhan thought back to his dad's conversation with Wang Yibo just now. This guy hadn't dared to come ask until after he'd started university. At that time, he'd already moved into the school dormitory and he often hadn't gone home for a week or two while his dad often was off on business trips. How many visits did it take for him to finally be able to ask where he'd gone?

Just thinking about that made him feel too fucking distressed.

Wang Yibo murmured on the other end of the call, "Xuezhang, I'm actually not stupid, I have good grades......"

Not even knowing why he's being called foolish, he truly is a fool.

"Okay, okay, you aren't stupid, you're smart." Xiao Zhan 's tone became filled with a little bit of pampering without his realization, "You like me so much, so I can only give you my body, mind, and heart* in repayment."