CHAPTER 49

It was already far past 10pm, when Wang Yibo put down his phone, a sense of fretfulness rising within him for some unknown reason.

It had been nearly an hour since Xiao Zhan went out and the academic building wasn't that far away. Why was it taking so long? Did the dean have a lot of meddlesome things to say to him?

Also he hadn't taken his phone, leaving it behind in the dorm, so there was no way to contact him.

The only thing Wang Yibo could do was sit and wait for a while, but he had a faint bad hunch.

Previously, Xuezhang had seemed to be saying that he, Wang Yibo , should be careful about the omega called Yao Yi and beyond that he'd also fought Zou Rui for him......

Just thinking about it, he really couldn't just sit still. In any case, he'd just go to the academic building to take a look. If it was all fine, then he'd already be there to walk Xuezhang back.

So he got up and put on his coat, heading out.

Five minutes later, Wang Yibo flew out of the academic building like a gust of wind, vein on his temple throbbing wildly in worry.

The security guard of the academic building had said that the academic administration dean had already left work to go home a long time ago and that Xiao Zhan had never arrived.

He immediately stretched his legs and ran madly, from the building complex to the gym, from the library to the dormitory. When he returned to the dormitory dripping with sweat and discovered that Xiao Zhan still hadn't returned, his heart seemed to stop beating.

He had lost his man, he had lost his omega.

Gripping on to one last glimmer of hope, he called Liu Han and asked as soon as the line connected, "Is Zhan with you?"

Perhaps Xiao Zhan had run into some classmates on the way and decided to go mess around somewhere.

Unfortunately, Liu Han failed to give him the anticipated answer. "He's not. What's going on?"

"Then I'll try to call Luo YongHeng instead."

"Ai, wait a second," Liu Han said before he could hang up. "He's here with me, too. Me, him, Xu Qian, and my Xiao Xiao are all out watching a movie. We called Zhan earlier but he said he wouldn't come. Is he not with you?"

"No, he was called over by the dean. But it's been over an hour and he still isn't back. I went to the academic building to check, but the security guard said he never arrived at all. I'm afraid he's in trouble."

Liu Han immediately became serious. "First off, don't panic. ShaoYan, he's so strong it's unlikely he'll get in any trouble."

"He is strong, but he's also an omega." For the first time, Wang Yibo wasn't certain of Xiao Zhan's strong points. "I'll go back to the school gate to watch, maybe he went off campus."

Liu Han hurried to say, "Then let us come too——"

However, the call had already been hung up by the anxious Wang Yibo .

He turned right around and ran out of the dormitory. Every time breath was like a cold blast of wind to his chest.

Xiao Zhan fundamentally was not as strong as everyone thought.

Even though he had a buffer physique and stronger fighting ability than the average omega, could he win against two alphas at once? In the end, he was still an omega.

It was just because he only had an omega father at home that he'd had no choice but to take on a heavy burden, having to learn to fight for self-defense, needing a tough outer shell to protect himself.