Part 3

*I'm so sick of this fake cake!
Fake cake! Fake cake! I'm so sorry but it's fake cake! Fake cake! Fake ca-*

"Hello?" Eunseo said in a sleepy voice as she picked up her ringing phone.

["hey are you ready?"] a male voice spoke from the other side.

"what ready?" she asked rubbing her eyes.

["girl- don't tell me you're still sleeping."]

"i was.. But..how do you know? Are you stalking me mister?" she said now finally opening her eyes.

["Bij guess I know you more than you know yourself."]

"oh... You sit downstairs I'll get ready quick."

"ok be quick."

She hung the call up and went to get ready.

"it was fun today." Taehyung said to Eunseo.

"yeah we'll go to that arcade again." Eunseo said.

They were walking towards the place where Taehyung's car was parked. It was strange that the place was really quieter than usual. there was no electricity so the street lights were off. The parking lot was old and there were only a few people who park their vehicles in the parking lot including them but that day there were only Taehyung's car and an old motorcycle in a corner. Cold winds were blowing. She felt like she was in a horror movie going to a haunted place. Most of the houses there were abandoned from ages as it was kind of a remote area but the streets weren't so why was the place so quiet that day? However, she had nothing to do with that so she ignored those. At that time she was only thinking about going home and throwing herself on her comfy bed.

She looked beside her and saw her best friend lickings onto his ice-cream which he held with one hand and used the other one to scroll through his phone screen.

She felt something cold on her hands and saw that the ice-cream she was eating was melting and rolling down. She cleaned that with a tissue paper and started eating the ice-cream again just when..

BANG!

And they stopped on their tracks.

"did you hear that?" Tae asked her keeping his phone into his pocket.

"I did. Didn't it sound like a gunshot like the movies?" she said widening her eyes.

"it did."

"should we check?"

"No! Are you crazy? Do you want to die?"

"but what if someone is in danger"

"if we go there we might also be in danger"

"But what if an innocent person is in danger just like movies? Tae don't be heartless at least let's check." saying that she started walking towards the direction as she shoved the whole ice-cream inside her mouth.

"wait I'm coming too!" he said as he started running behind her.

They started walking towards the Sound's direction and stopped infront of a small alley. She had seen it from outside before but never went in. Seemed like she could get to know how it looked from inside that day..

"Eunseo I can hear a little noise from this alley.. Should we really go in?" Tae asked

"or what?" she sarted walking towards it as quietly as possible and Tae followed her.

They were walking just when they saw some men talking while there was a person on the ground looking lifeless as Tae pulled her behind a wall. They peeked to see them.

There were three men standing and one bending down towards the lying person's body. So they were probably right. Someone was really shot. Seemed like he was the one. The men were talking which didn't reach their ear. From their outfits they seemed like type of gangsters. The place was all dark and all they could see were with the help of moonlight. Thank God the sky was clear today and the moon was shining bright that day. But what the hell was happening there? The man lying on the ground didn't move at all. Was he even alive?

The bent man took his fingers near the man's nose maybe checking if he was alive or not. Then stood up.

They saw the men going away and thought they were leaving but one of them suddenly stopped on his track and started coming towards their direction as if he had seen them.

Her heartbeat...were they going to die so soon? She looked at Tae as he pulled her behind him covering her.

'I love you so much my best ever friend' she said in her mind watching his actions.

the man was just behind them. if he came to their side of the wall then they would be done.

But thankfully they heard the footsteps going away as Tae peeked to see if someone was still here.

There was no one but the man's body on the ground. Why did they even leave it here?

Making sure everything was safe they started walking towards the person's body

Unknown person

It was really painful. I was so disappointed to myself. How could I not get up and fight? I couldn't give up so easily? I couldn't die so early! I didn't fulfill my promise. I had to find them. They must was waiting for me. They must was very disappointed with me. They must was angry with me how could I be a coward like that. I couldn't die like this I wanted to see them at least once, before I died. I wanted to tell them how much I loved them and I never hated them, everything was just lie, everything was misunderstandings. I had to live, I had to live for them, I had to find them.

What do you think?👀