Part 64

["There's probably someone who's backstabbing you, staying in there. Dad settled it all up from the first. He even knows about that secret spot you have and just pretended to not know. However, I'm hundred percent sure that it's one of those who you trust there. And about mister Jeon and Jung, they're taken by Richard Brown this time so it's probably impossible for my guard to enter there."] Sam explained making Jin nod as he released a heavy breath.

"Ok.. But keep on trying and I've got the location. I'll send it to you. And inform me as soon as you get to know anything." he said and cut the call.

As he cut the call, a notification popped up on his screen which showed a missed call from an unknown number. He called back, keeping his eyes on the road as he drove through it on the busy night, planning to reach his home after making sure Jungkook and Hobi wouldn't be hurt for then. After a few beeps the other side picked up.

He expected it to be Richard or MinYeong as they called Namjoon a while ago but the voice he heard from the other side made his nerves calm down and the restlessness vanished away in a moment. ["Jin.. It's me."]

He smiled hearing his mother's voice.

["is everything ok? You seemed tensed."]

"everything's good.. Mom.."

She was silent for a second then asked, "when will you be done with your work?" her voice sounded innocent. As if she was afraid her son might get offended for who knew what?

"I'm done. Do you want me to go there?" Jin asked slowing down.

["Did you have your dinner?"]

"not yet."

["look son. I'm not forcing you.. You can come home if you want. I'll be really happy."]

Jin chuckled hearing her and spun the steering wheel around making a U-turn. "I'll be there in minutes."

["oh.. Wait.. Do you remember the address?"]

"of course I do! I remembered it some days ago."

Jin thought he was acting selfish for smiling at a situation like that where his friends were in danger. Even though he made sure they were going to be safe and they had time left, he still felt ashamed.

In a life full if crisis, when he found a little piece of happiness, he wondered if he should have had cherished that or still focused on fixing the problem.

Of course choosing the happiness for then seemed the best option but what you see doesn't always reflect the right meaning.

But he was sure choosing his mother was never wrong too. Then on the other hand, Hobi and Jungkook were in danger which wasn't something minor and not choosing them sounded like the worst option.

Both teams were important. It wasn't confusing but was at the same time. It was confusing because he couldn't figure out when to do what. And like that, for the first time ever in his life, he faced this type of a difficulty.

Reaching near his home, Jin felt his heart beats rising every second. The empty streets which used to be surrounded by trees had turned into a neighborhood full of buildings of different stories. And in between, there was his home.

The home he was missing, he met it after years. He felt his eyes getting warm with hot tears which were threatening to leak any moment soon.

The tiles of the boundary wall around the house which used to be off white in colour had been replaced with some classic brown ones and the small main gate turned into a huge one.

Getting out of his car, he stared at the silver numberplate beside the door for a while.

Faint memories of him going in through this gate with his younger brother after school flashed back in his mind. The tears escaped his eyes and he quickly wiped them off with his shirt's sleeves.

He took small steps towards the entrance and reaching it, he stared at the lock wondering if the password was still the same as before or not.

Probably it was his mother's birthday. He tapped on the screen as the numbers from 0 to 9 popped up on it.

When was Sookyung's birthday? He felt embarrassed to himself for not clearly remembering his mother's birthday.

Remember his mother's? He didn't even remember his own birthday....

All these years he was the only one among his friends who didn't celebrate his birthday and added a year to his age on the first day of the year.

Maybe he could finally get to remember it.

What actually happened that damaged his memory so much?

After starting at it for a straight minute he decided to give his guess a chance.

'19...65?'

19670702

'INVALID PASSWORD' displayed on the screen.

Then his mind clicked that it was something with 20. So he tried again.

19670720

What a good luck he had! The door clicking sounds made it clear that the password was correct as he stood there in a bit shock. Not because it was still same after years, but because he guessed it in the second try.

However, wasting no more time, he pushed the door open and went in. Many things had changed and many were the same as he saw the last time.

His eyes searched for the apple tree at the very first which was situated in a corner of their small garden. He breathed out in relief seeing that in place.

Why was the apple tree so special?

There was also an apple tree in Eunseo and Ella's mansion.

Those two were planted by their mothers. The one in Jin's house was planted by Yoon Eunsun, Eunseo's mother and the one in their house was by Kim Sookyung, his mother as the tokens of their lovey-dovey friendship.