Chapter VIII

When the afternoon classes ended, Odasaku convoked Dazai and Chuuya. He asked Chuuya why he was absent for which he just answered with a "I wasn't feeling well". Odasaku sent a look at Dazai as to ask him if he knows something, the other nodded so he asked both of them to never repeat this then he let them leave. 

The second they were out, Dazai tried to talk with Chuuya who just ignored him especially when he noticed his 'friends' waiting for him. 

It has already been a week that they have been at this state: Dazai trying to talk to Chuuya each time he has the occasion and Chuuya ignoring him over and over again. 

The redhead thought about it too much, about how Dazai treated him gently even after knowing that he was gay, about how he would always try to talk to him even if he just ignores him, about that one time when the Philosophy teacher asked him and he didn't know how to answer in Japanese so everyone started laughing but Dazai stopped them and explained to the teacher why Chuuya couldn't answer and answered to the question instead of him, about all those times when Dazai's talking with his friends but would always glance at him as if even if he's far away, he still cares about him and tries to help him ...

"Why would he do all these things ?" Thought Chuuya. The answer was obvious, it was obvious that Dazai just wanted to know him and be friends with him. But Chuuya couldn't accept this one answer, because if it was the case then he could never forgive himself for treating the only one who really wanted to befriend him so harshly. So he just convinced himself that Dazai is doing all of this because the bitch and her friends asked him to just so that they make fun of him when he falls for Dazai. "Yeah, that's probably the reason !!" Told or lied Chuuya to himself. At least, he won't have regrets if that's what he believed. 

Dazai, on the other hand, started getting really annoyed from all of this. Odasaku, as the best uncle he was, obviously noticed it.
He decided to join his nephew and talk about the matter.

Dazai was laying on his bed reading something when Odasaku knocked on his door then entered and set on the only chair in the room. 

He looked at his nephew who didn't take his eyes off of his book for a moment then commented :"You look miserable ...

"Do i ??" Answered Dazai instently still without taking his eyes off of what he was reading. 

"Where did the 'soon Dazai Chuuya' go ?" Asked Odasaku nonchalantly.

Dazai closed his book slowly then got up to sit on his bed properly. "I asked you about where he lives but you didn't want to help" he complained.

"You could have followed him" retorted Odasaku.

"So that he thinks of me as a stalker ?? Besides .." he looked down :"I still don't know the city too well, i can't move as i please .

"So what ? You would just go to where he lives ?" Odasaku turned his head to look at Dazai's books on his desk and carried on :"He ignored you at School so why wouldn't he do the same in his house ?

"I would have at least tried ..." Dazai thought about what he said for a moment then sighed :"What am i supposed to do then ??

"You were pretty serious when you said you wanted him or ..." he put down the book he was looking at and turned his gaze to his nephew :"Were those just meaningless words from an irresponsable teenager ??

"What ... ?" Dazai was furious but did he really have the right to argue ? He knew he didn't so he just sighed :"What should i do, Odasaku ?