Chapter LXIV

Dazai stretched on his seat, he was finally done with what he was doing, all he wanted was to rest-or not "I miss him .." he thought, he only wanted to have Chuuya in his arms but he knew he couldn't, he promised himself he will quit being that clingy brat after all.

As his eyes wandered around his room, they went past the calendar and an idea suddenly crossed his mind. His uncle shivered in surprise when Dazai left his room wearing his jacket and shoes then heading out :"I'm going out, i need to buy some things ."

"Okay .." Oda was confused but then he was the one who saw how hard Dazai was working for the past days for his exams, even he was surprised at Dazai suddenly taking his studies so seriously but it wasn't that hard to guess the reason why he changed "It's probably because of Nakahara .." he promised himself he would thank him later for doing what he wasn't able to do then he went in Dazai's room curious about what he was studying and to his surprise, he found a book full of past exams but they weren't of the University Dazai wanted to attend, they were of Chuuya's University, Oda couldn't help but sigh in exasperation "What is he planning again .."

He was going to ask about it the second Dazai came back home if it wasn't for Dazai who did something that almost made his poor uncle have a heart attack :"W-wait .. Dazai .. what are you doing there .. ?"

"Cooking obviously ." Dazai said this so blatantly as he went to the kitchen preparing all the tools he needed with his phone on the side showing the recipe of the cookies he wanted to prepare "This kid is going crazy .." Oda was already questioning his promise about thanking Chuuya, his nephew didn't feel like his nephew anymore.

The moment he was about to head to the kitchen, Dazai stopped him by saying :"Don't, i want to prepare them on my own .." making his uncle frown :"I am not responsible if Chuuya-kun gets hospitalized ... they are for him, right ?"

Dazai glared at him for the first part then only nodded to his question, Oda decided not to care about him and leave him alone but as he expected, he was never good at this, he didn't take too long to join him as he noticed him struggling with the eggs, he pushed him on the side taking an egg to show him how to crack it not letting him say anything as he hushed :"You never washed a spoon in your life so don't expect to do it on your own from the first time but it's already good that you decided to prepare them so look and learn ."

Dazai couldn't really retort at his uncle's serious tone so he just did as he was told not taking his attention away till Oda asked :"Are you done revising though for wanting to prepare cookies for your dear crush who may never become your lover if you keep acting the way you're doing ?"

"That last part wasn't necessary .." Dazai muttered ignoring his uncle's comment "Oh yes, it was .." as he replied to his question :"I didn't even start, i was preparing something for Chuuya ."

"And i who thought you were finally taking your studies seriously .. your exams are after two weeks if you forgot ." Oda let him do the rest while keeping an eye on him to make sure he doesn't mess up till he muttered, he felt the need to ask about this the moment he saw the book Dazai was using in his room :"How come you never asked why i didn't tell you about Chuuya-kun going to that University ? You probably figured that i knew since i am his teacher, didn't you ?"

"I did ." Dazai was acting way too calm for Oda's liking :"But why would i ask you ? It will just seem like i am blaming you when i have no right to, the only one to blame is myself for not being enough trustworthy for him to tell me .. besides, you just didn't want to meddle in, you wanted to leave it to the two of us, right ?"

"He .. he matured ..." Oda thought as he frowned :"You sound so out of your character ..." Dazai only chuckled before frowning himself when Oda petted his head :"What ?"