Chapter LXIX

Oda could finally breathe now that he was alone in his apartment, he was humming a sweet melody as he prepared his so loved curry with no brat around to complain about it. The bell to his place ringing interrupted this peaceful moment but he didn't mind, he knew it would be quick "Hey there ."

"Good evening, Oda-san ." Chuuya was trying to be as formal as possible but all his efforts turned useless when he followed where Oda pointed at and saw his lover up in the stairs waving at him "We'll be staying in this apart ."

Chuuya bowed to Oda first then joined his lover who looked back at his uncle noticing how he winked at him as in to say "You better man up and get it done this time ." A thumbs up from Dazai was the answer Oda needed before he closes the door and goes back to his dinner, getting startled when his phone suddenly rang. It was a text from his nephew that said "What are you waiting for to man up as well and bring in Ango (~>.>)~" making Oda sigh and regret ever getting his hopes up for him 'That brat will never change ...'

"You should have told me to come here directly, you just made me bother Oda-san-"

"Who didn't allow me to text him ?"

"I know but still-" Chuuya was about to retort at his lover's pout that he missed so much but he forgot all his words when he walked inside the apartment. Last time he was there it only had a couch yet now it had all the furniture they needed. Chuuya was both surprised and a little disappointed which Dazai didn't miss "You don't like it ? And i who thought i would surprise you ..."

"I ... thought we would buy them together after your exam, i was looking forward to it ..." sadness was obvious on Chuuya's tone. Dazai didn't waste a second to justify himself "We couldn't spend the night here with a couch alone plus we can change them any time-"

"And who would pay for that ?"

"I told you i will repay them, my parents really don't mind especially since i agreed to be a Doctor like them .."

Chuuya took a deep breath, he had a lot more to say about this but didn't want to ruin his boyfriend's mood when he has an exam in the next morning. He walked in the living room, one hand brushing the fabric of the couch as he stared at the kitchen "Did you have any time to study while buying these ?"

"I bought them online and Odasaku was here when they were delivered so yeah, i had all the time to study ." Dazai rested his hand on Chuuya's still stiffened shoulders surprising him when he suddenly leaned down and kissed him then sat at the kitchen's counter as if he did nothing "You really made me miss you though ..."

Chuuya again realized the day he will get used to his lover's kisses will never come, he quickly went inside the kitchen, trying not to mind his burning cheeks "I wanted you to keep all your attention on your studies ."

"Yeah yeah .. sadly, you can't even cook since you made sure to come so late, i already ordered our dinner ."

"That's because i wanted you to stay focused-"

"You're such a bad liar, Chuuya ..." Dazai leaned on the counter, his eyes on his lover who averted his gaze but soon gave up, facing him in the opposite side of the counter while wearing a saddened expression "I lied ... i didn't want us to spend a lot of time together ... i'm afraid we will get used to each other then it will be harder for us when we will have to part ways because of our studies ..."

"What about the opposite ?" Dazai's gaze didn't falter even with what he was about to say "What if not spending too much time together will make it easier for you to forget me-"