Chapter LIII

"What ... what is this guy doing here ???!" Kyusaku exclaimed at the sight of the brunet with Tanizaki and Naomi greeting him while Akutagawa and Atsushi jumped on him to hug him the second he showed up, Ranpo was surprised but he still greeted his younger brother with a warm smile while trying to figure out why he would come so suddenly.

"It's my house too if you forgot .." Dazai whined finally succeeding at pushing the other two away then properly heading inside the house while looking around and hearing Tanizaki say :"If you informed us then we would have made sure that everyone will be here when you come but now, we're the only ones here and Kenji-kun will come later ."

"It's fine ." Dazai smiled softly and Ranpo would bet there was something else behind that smile :"You have such a great timing, i really needed someone to help me with work since Poe had to go back to his place overseas, how many days are you spending here ?"

"I'm not sure y-"

"You won't go back to Tokyo, right ?" Ryunosuke and Atsushi hushed at once with Kyusaku hushing right after them :"No way he won't go back !! Just when i started enjoying my freedom here !!!"

"What freedom are you talking about, Kyu~ you missed me, didn't you~" Dazai said with an evil smirk while slowly walking after Kyusoku then running after him around the big house when the latter started running and shouting :"He is back !! The devil is back !!" With Ryu and Atsushi running after them and asking Dazai to never go back to Tokyo.

"It has been so long since the house was so lively, if only everyone could come though ... i should go prepare dinner now ." Tanizaki headed upstairs with his sister right after him :"I will go and help Onii-sama~" while Ranpo instently pulled his phone and called his uncle.

"It feels warm compared to Japan..." was the first thing Chuuya thought about as he walked out of the plane. After getting his luggages, he walked out and looked around for a certain blonde with green eyes before he shivers at someone suddenly jumping on him and hugging him from behind :"Chuuya !!!!!"

"Egh ... c'est toi ?" Chuuya muttered as he looked back recognizing that blonde with green eyes he was looking for :"Qui veux tu que ça soit ?! Evidement que c'est moi !!" Patrick was facing the ginger now then pulled him into a tight hug again :"Tu m'as tellement manqué !!" (Egh ... it's you ?) (Who do you want it to be ?! Of course it's me !!) (I missed you so much !!)

"Oui .. j'ai l'impression que je ne t'ai pas vu pour des décennies ..." the ginger pulled away then grabbed his luggages that fell when the other jumped on him with Patrick helping him :"Pourtant tu n'as pas dutout changé .. toujours aussi petit~" the latter teased. Surprisingly, Chuuya kept silent as they walked out of the airport then breathed in once they were out and commented :"Même l'air est différent ..." (Yes .. i feel like it has been decades since i last saw you ...) (While you didn't change at all .. always so small~) (Even the air is different ...)

"T'inquiétes, tu as pris la bonne décision ." Patrick said with his warmest tone then wrapped one arm around the other's shoulders and directed both of them to the parking :"Alors ? C'est comment le Japon ?" (Don't worry, you made the right decision .) (So ? How is Japan ?)

One ... two ... three ... "Four days and not even a call or a small text ..." Chuuya thought with his eyes tearing up while staring at his phone. He felt so bad for Patrick who was trying his best to help him forget about everything by taking him out and even going to bring their other friends now so that they spend the weekend together while he was making no efforts, he wasn't even trying since the second Patrick takes his eyes off him, he would pull his phone and keep staring at his pics with Dazai or re reading the texts the other sent to him. This trip didn't help him at all since he didn't forget, not even for a second.