Chapter XXXXIV

The weather was snowy for the whole past week, Chuuya could see the footsteps people passing by were leaving behind them as he waited for the brunet where they were supposed to meet because no way he would allow the brunet to go and pick him from his place then meet his mother and get the same lecture he got after he told her that Dazai sneaked inside his aunt's house the other day. "I should really learn how to keep things to myself sometimes ..." he thought but he couldn't, he felt so happy that he had the urge to tell someone else about it, especially the hug and the other's warmth that he missed so much, he blushed as he wondered what may happen this night "What ... what if he tries to k .. ki .. kiss-"

"I knew you would come earlier ..." Dazai muttered with a pout feeling slightly confused at the other's shiver and sudden embarassed face "I'm pretty sure i only talked ... i'm not even that close ..." he was totally oblivious to the mess he caused in the ginger's mind who directly pulled his scarf up shyly stuttering :"I .. i figured you would come early so i came half an hour earlier ...

"Next time, i will make sure to come one hour earlier ..." the brunet affirmed only to have the ginger hush after him :"Then i will just come two hours earlier .." and no way Dazai would give up :"Then i will come three- okay, let's stop with this stupid argument and go up to the shrine, we still have 40 minutes till it's midnight ...

Chuuya had his cheeks paonted with a light blush as he complied and walked with his crush who decided to show him how Japanese people celebrate new year :"How was your week ? I thought you would gain some weight with all the food i made for you ..." he let out soft giggles at the brunet's mortified expression :"Oh god stop ! I can't even imagine myself gaining more weight i mean .. i'm already perfect, am i not~

"Narcissist ..." the redhead commented with a pout still wondering how the other can have such self confidence, he wished he could be the same but here again, he was pulled out of his thought at the other's voice :"Ah and for my week, well ... i felt so lonely without you ... i really missed you ..." Chuuya slightly blushed at his words then stared away :"Isn't that why we kept calling each other the whole week ?"

"I can't hug you or cuddle with you throught a phone call. Besides, all we did was studying so ... i deserve to get spoiled a little tonight, don't i ?" Dazai leaned down directly staring at the ginger's face while talking, he sure was acting like a child and this slightly irritated Chuuya with the people around :"Okay, yes, i get it, thank you very much, what do you want in return ?"

"Nothing ..." the brunet pouted while staring away and lifting his blue scarf that Chuuya didn't notice till now to hide his mouth. It was so obvious that his answer hurt him, he felt pretty guilty for acting this way and he didn't want to ruin this night for them so he slightly grabbed the other's coat with his gloved hand then shyly murmured :"Sorry, i shouldn't have said that and thank you, really ... you're probably the only one who would waste so much of your free time only to help me and i really thank you for this .."

"Don't say that ever again ..." Dazai surprised the other by his serious tone as he stood in front of him and stared down at him fastly clarifying :"The time i spend with you is never a waste ... all my time is yours, actually, i'm not even exaggerating when i say that i could dedicate my whole life for you ..." Chuuya was left speechless at the other's words, what was he supposed to say after this, that he would also dedicate all his life for the other with no regrets ? "But that would just mean ..." he didn't notice he took too much time processing what happened till he was pulled by the brunet :"Let's go there, that's one of the things Japanese people like to do for new year~" as he thought "Guess he isn't ready yet ...