Chapter XXXII

Dazai silently stared at his crush getting closer to talk with his old friend, he still remembered the part where this same old friend asked Chuuya out and he sure doesn't like how things are going. He waited for a moment then opted to make a move as he approached them then put his arm around the ginger's shoulders, he obviously greated the other with his fake smile then turned to his crush and complained :"Aren't we going yet, babe ? You know they close early ..." since they promised each other to go together to the hospital so that Dazai takes off his cast, the 'babe' part was a farce obviously and it sure had it's effect as Chuuya blushed so hard while Tachihara just drove his gaze between them with an expression mixed between surprise, shock but mostly, sadness as he reapeted :"BABE ??!!! Chuuya-senpai !!!! You never told me ..." his eyes were already tearing up.

Chuuya who noticed his kouhai almost crying, slightly hit Dazai's belly with his elbow :"He's Tachihara Michizou, i told you about him so no need to act !" Before he addresses his kouhai while pointing at the brunet :"He's Dazai Osamu, my classmate and no you got the wrong idea, he just likes joking ..."

"Re ... really ?" Tachihara muttered the same time as the word 'classmate' couldn't leave the brunet's mind but he still forgot about it the moment Chuuya adressed him again :"Tachihara wants to talk about something so i'll go with him for just a moment then i'll comeback, i won't take too long okay ."

"I can accompany you ..." Dazai suggested, he's feeling like he's being ditched and he sure doesn't like it. But Chuuya being Chuuya, didn't notice at all as he just smiled at him and reassured him :"No, you don't have to bother yourself, i said i won't take too long so just wait here for me ." ... and that was the last thing he said before waving at him and going away with his old friend leaving the brunet all alone in the center of the courtyard.

Both of them went to a nearby coffee shop where they spent all their time talking about the old days, even though it has been only a couple of months actually. After a while, Tachihara noticed his senpai checking the hour frequently and remembered what he told his classmate before so he smiled softly as he stood up :"It's already this late ? i guess i should go now before it gets totally dark ."

"Ah ..." Chuuya discretly sighed in relief :"Yeah you should since it's pretty far away ." Then they both went out of the shop and walked silently beside each other. It was pretty weird now, they were so into their talk before about their old classmates but now that they were silent, they both remembered how things ended up between them making the atmosphere slightly strange. Tachihara was the first one to break the silence :"I would really ... like it if we could ... meet again .. if you don't mind ..."

"Of course !" Chuuya nodded with his big grin :"Well, my exams are coming soon so i'll have to study for these days but we can meet later ."

"Then ..." the younger one pulled his phone then shyly looked away :"I tried to call you on your old number but it seems that you changed it so what about ... we exchange numbers again ?"

"Oh yeah, sure ! I totally forgot to keep your number, i thought we won't meet again ..." The ginger felt pretty guilty since, in fact, he didn't keep the other's number willingly.

After they exchanged numbers, they carried on walking in that weird atmosphere again. Chuuya still was thinking if Dazai waited for him "Probably not ..." he thought before he hears the one beside him mutter :"Patience was never my thing ..." as he walked some steps then turned to face the ginger, still blushing but serious now :"Chuuya-senpai ... there is something i need to tell you ..."

The redhead who was suddenly pulled out of his thoughts, answered without giving it a second thought :"Yeah, what is it ?"

"It has been months we didn't meet and in those months ... i had all the time to think about what you told me ... and i realized that i was the wrong one but i also realized another thing ... Senpai ..." Tachihara breathed deeply in before he looks up at the ginger directly in his blue eyes and say :"I love you, Chuuya-senpai ..."