Chapter LXVI

After he checked the hour, Oda sighed "That brat will never learn .." it was already past 8 p.m and Dazai didn't even call since he left in the morning. Right when he was about to call him, the door was pushed open and Dazai walked in with his head down for some reason :"Not even an "I am home" ? And did i not tell you to always call when-"

"Odasaku ..."

Oda frowned, he stood up from the couch walking to his nephew to check why he was acting so strange. He definitely didn't expect Dazai to walk in the house with his shoes, suddenly jump on him with his legs around his uncle's waist and hug him tightly :"Odasaku !!!!"

"That's it. He lost it .." Oda was trying his best not to fall since Dazai was damn heavy ! He also tried to find an explanation as to why Dazai acted this way but he couldn't think of anything and Dazai only kept repeating his name not helping him at all but for some reason he seemed happy :"At least tell me what is going on !"

"We're together ! We're lovers ! We're a couple, Odasaku !! Chuuya finally said he loved me !!!" Dazai said everything so fast as he got down jumping around the living room as if he was a little kid :"Don't stop me !!" He added as he stormed in his room jumping on the bed excitedly and screaming and giggling into the pillow to muffle his voice.

"Can i even stop you ? We don't have neighbors you may annoy so you can scream as much as you want ." Oda was standing in the doorway staring at his nephew with a soft smile on his lips, he missed seeing him so lively and he only chuckled when Dazai crossed his legs on the bed with the pillow on his lap :"Do you believe it ? He just said it out of nowhere i didn't expect it at all !!"

"And then ? What did you do ?"

"I kissed him !"

"Tongue ?"

"Nah ."

"You're still a kid ."

"There is no need to rush !!" Dazai retorted angry at his uncle treating him like a kid yet grinning as a child when Oda walked closer to him ruffling his hair gently :"It took you two too long. Congrats, i'm happy for you ."

"Well, at least we're dating now not like you, you're already in your thirty yet you can't bring yourself to confess to Ango-" Dazai shut up when he felt Oda's ruffling turn to a tight hold on his head :"Say that again .."

"I'm sorry, i'm sorry .." Dazai chuckled at his uncle's glare pulling out his phone to call his lover only pouting at his uncle who said as he headed out :"Give him some time to breathe, he's probably busy telling his mother about this ."

"He's the one who told me to call him when i get home so that he knows i am safe ." Dazai smiled softly as he thought of how caring his lover was while Oda was dying to scream at him for not calling him for the whole day yet calling his lover the second he got home but then he just sighed, refraining himself not wanting to ruin his happiness especially in this day.

Oda then headed to the kitchen pulling the crab Dazai loves so much that he bought earlier while smiling "Guess i did feel we had to celebrate something today ." As he searched for the other ingredients, he had a smile on his face the whole time as he thought of how alive his nephew was compared to the past days, he couldn't help but whisper a soft "Welcome back, Dazai .." before he realizes it has been five minutes since he was searching and he still didn't figure out what he needed. He looked at the crab and suddenly realized "How do i prepare this again ?" He has been making only curry for the past months after all.

After Dazai left him, Chuuya walked to his place closing the door then leaning on it still not believing what they just did. He didn't realize when he had his fingers on his lips, his cheeks turning red at the memory of Dazai kissing them but he quickly shivered when his mother addressed him, he completely forgot she was home too :"Welcome home, sweetheart ."