Chapter 1

Elaine

Elaine

7 Months Ago.

Highschool is fun.

A grammar nazi might protest that High School is destined to be a compound word. Not to be written so close by as above. But what I see first hand at how the students are always high beneath the roof of a sacred educational hub, obtaining anything and everything else than the prescribed higher education. Hence the term highschool tempts me to let it be.

High on nightmare, high on hate and high on envy. High on what's left of them rather than actual substance.

As for High School. The one with space in between?

It's fun too. Fun for people like me.

It demonstrates the primitive young mind on a lesson of how to walk through life. For example, you walk as people talk. Talk nonsense about you.

You have two options. Ignore or at least try to ignore. Standing up and fighting back is a segment of a myth that belongs to the genre pathetic fiction, it's insanely cliche and makes no difference.

Today, at this instant you put your charming little mouth to use and the next moment they will make sure no words spew out of them.

The cycle of how to survive high school for us socially awkward is so much more adventurous than one can conceptualize. You decide what happens in the future.

The results are endless, unpredictably abstract, and highly classified as no one can figure out what they might have stored for them.

It's all surprise.

By bearing it silently, we make a mature compromise.

But it always comes with a price, the price when it sweetly strips us of our self-esteem.

"Hey weirdo, spend the vacation learning how to brush your hair?"

David Woods, the uselessly built with too many muscles for the age kind of boy. Enormous body and meager brain. The one who has nothing to do with himself but everything to do with everyone. If you want to gossip, you know the guy.

And a chimerical illustration of the typical bully.

Bully. The person who is covertly insecure of himself appeases their weakness by acquainting the fault in others.

Sounds rational.

I turn to face him, I am smart and so I am well enlightened that if I evade his bulky existence and move on with my parade I might end up on the floor. And the new pair of jeans, let's say it has worse days to see, so I should save it for later.

See! what I told you about the power of preference I have?

Today I refuse to meet the tiles.

So stare at concrete instead.