Chapter 76

Elzina

2 MONTHS LATER
NEW YORK
12:49 AM

Sirens, dim yet increasing. Nearing.

"Shit" I muttered, quickly tearing my gaze from admiring my work as I turn.

"Aren't they a little early today?" with my black leather gloved hand holding the spray can by side, I enquire.

The one I asked stared at the wall behind me as if blankly wondering if it was possible to hit his head upon it and die for a little while, while there the other man gawked opening his mouth. The sounds now a bit a clear,

Seriously, the New York police are way too impatient for my liking.

"Indeed Ma'am" Oliver gulps, the sweat oiling his forehead like a coat of olive oil. "And I prefer it's time we leave"

I nod, pondering with pursed lips.

"What do you think Mason? We should leave?"

He stares at me, the thirty something large built body guards nose almost flaring. Something tells me he doesn't like the sweet little me, or the idea to baby sit, or the thought of even breathing near me.

"We can't be lucky every time Miss" is all he says.

The sirens.

Shrilling by my ear drums.

"Run" I whisper, and as if suddenly jolted by a sizzle of shock they take off. Along with me may I add.

"Keys" extending my hand I expect Mason to dump the aforementioned stuff I asked him of. But instead.

"I drive, ma'am"

"With regards to the respectable speed of snail? Yeah." I smirk as Oliver screams from inside the back seat of car to get inside. He was already braced I see.

How did he even passed the security test to pass as someone who secures some one?

"It's called speed limit" gritting his teeth he says politely.

The thrill intensifies as the light falls by the lone street next turn, they were near. I don't request, I grab them from his clutch as I slide inside. He sighs, the boulder of a man sighs in defeat as he opts for shot gun. Adjusting his gun by the belt holster once seated.

Gripping the wheel with clueless smile at Oliver, on whose side sat a life sized pink fluffy teddy bear, holding a box of large pink bowed cupcakes in his finger less wooly hands, Oliver did indeed looked the part which screamed his job.

Sarcasm at its best.

The engine purrs softly, it doesn't roar because luxury car yawns alive with elegance. Even the Audi with countable seven dents, a broken headlight and an age old pizza and coke infested seats, had its standard.

And grateful to it but i was already sprinting down the roads before the mood killers could blink on us.

"See, not like last time. No police chase. As I promised" grinning I took a cautious peek at Mason. He stared ahead. His focus undisrupted and plain.

But Oliver grins, I watch him from the rear mirror.

At least someone has sense of humor.

I drive in bliss,that is until I find myself pressing for breaks.

"Why? Just Why?" I growl, whining. I let my head fall upon the steering wheel as I hug them.

"It's New York Ma'am. What's this city without some well aligned traffic" Oliver butts in, as I frown. A guy who likes traffic. But who stays awake at such late hours. The lights were all bright, like digital stars that never got drained of its electrical power, busy humans robotic in nature, millennials who thinks they rule the world and a population which suffers from insomnia.