Chapter 88

Alex

It is said that when a destructive man harbors love for a girl, he can stir disaster like non other when it comes to her safety.

But what about the same persons hate towards someone who tried to harm the only thing he lives for?

He begins to possess lethal tendencies that were too far gone even for his own comprehension.

"Thomas" I reach out for Elzinas hand, her small frame though she did her best to mask the tremble, Freezes. I pull her tighter in embrace. My gaze latching on to the heel clad leg that stood in front of us.

"You've grown up so well" my ice cold eyes raised at the slick, breezy tone. When it met the blue pair of keira's, I realized that I could never be able to detest a colour so much than those. Despite I had them myself.

In that moment, the tension rose.

The air became denser as the silhouette of Nathan ascended until he came and stood right next to her.

Elzina shifted, for a brief minute she looked like she could just kill Nathan with the glare. She was so fragile in my arms, yet so bold in her will.

She hasn't given up.

Good.

I was not going to either.

On the floor, surrounded by people who were ready to act any minute under the spell of commands. Two traitors and us.

What were the odds?

The ugly odds that i decided, cruelly states that no matter what happens tonight. I was ready to do whatever it takes to keep her safe. Even if it meant the end of me.

I would rather die knowing that she's free and unscathed than live with the regret that her scars were not just the one's on her body, but something that broke her from inside.

You think she'll be able to live if something happened to you?

She has to.

I closed my eyes, memorizing the dependent hold she had on my shoulder.

Then I wasn't able to answer my own question.

"Look at you both, so in love" toxic. Her voice was toxic. Contaminating the room. I used to believe, an analogy of why keira had a smooth low tone. I wondered if it was because of her insecurities and timidness. But now, I know better. It was the sound of a ruinous curse. She was a curse.

As for Nathan.

His eyes held an uncanny envy as he raked us.

But it was no match for what I felt towards him. There was no coherence, absence of limit to how much I wanted to see him wither in pain. But I was torn in between protecting Elzina and bruising those longing eyes that were on hers to blindness.

"Get up Thomas. I don't want to see you like this. And what were you thinking? Stepping on this forbidden territory for a girl." she smiles, her hands crossed across her chest as she stood sophisticatedly tall. I haven't uttered a word since I saw her. This must have irked the deranged woman as she clicks her tongue, flips her hair back trying to appear nonchalant to the situation as she adds "This world is dangerous son"

Dangerous?

I would've have laughed at that if it weren't for how true it was.

How true it was for Elzina because I barely cared about myself now.