Chapter 64

Alex

Contentment and satisfaction.

That's what I would have felt to see her in such fragile and enervated state. To feel the shiver of her hands as they drop cold under the vice grip of mine on her wrist. At that moment I know I could win her, make her mine regardless to her willingness or not. Win her by the fear. Win her through her hate.

So close, so weak and mine.

In any other time of past, such thought's would've entertained the beast in me. But today, my eyes were fixed to the afraid and tender one's that always held storm, but now the frezy dissolved into a drizzle.

And that was enough to impulse a light of awareness within me. And with that I felt the tense and rigid features that my face had acquired, morph into a semblance of pity.

I can't do this to her, Elaine had me wrapped around her pinkie and yet she wasn't aware of what length's I could breach to protect her.

And to see her try the pursual to safe guard herself from me was rueful. But it wasn't exactly a bad thing either.

I deserved this, I made this life for myself.

I take a step back, watching her as she hesitantly brings her hands against her chest, fruitlessly surreptitious she softly caressed her wrists that at present bore faint red prints from my touch.

My curse.

The fist smacks hard against the door. A Punch always felt good, a vent. Why wasn't it working now?

She flinches queasily as the door rattles, probably from the vibration that trailed her back which was still adherent to it.

"I am sorry" It comes off cold and deep, contrast to the millions of regretful pieces that make up my heart. I still sounded cold.

What did I ever do so bad to deserve this?

She turns her wide, glassy tear strained eyes to look at the hand that I had hit the door with, that was still rested at the slammer, the pain hums, mixed with the bloody knuckles from the punches that I had delivered to a certain assholes profile a while ago.

A sight I would give anything back to not have her witness it.

"For what?" perished and inert, the small voice was hers as I frown. Her features now changing to a dark shadow of something unexplainable.

I don't like it. It didn't sound like her.

"Elaine" I call her name, a futile try to bring her back, for some reason preferring her fear to this - this lifeless girl.

"Who Elaine?" angling herself to face me back, she pinned me with her gaze, a gaze so full of everything that it was all chaos.

From drizzle, she vexed a hurricane. No storm.

The voice which I thought was dead, were the sound of destructive emotions. She was not dead, she was breaking and mending into something else.

Like someone else.

"Elaine" with the sudden flare of concern I cup her cheeks with the free hands, forcing her to look at me back with the way she used to, not this "What ever that's going on in your head, stop it. I'll make everything alright. Like before. I promise"

She blinks at me sluggishly, no heed to my pleads and then she says the exact thing that I would've wanted to hear. But they just weren't right. Right words that sounded so wrong.