Chapter 74

Keep in mind while reading this that this book is a mystery thriller, so when you read and have read so far keep the little things in mind as it'll play a bigger role later.

For the beginning for flashback in this chapter I've used this [••••] symbol. So look out for this and don't get confused.

Lastly, I love you all. Thanks for the amazing reaction in the last chapter.

Alex

This can't be happening.

Clueless and indecisive, the merciless beat of my anxious heart pounded like never before is all I hear among the rush of doctors and howling med assistance as they cram in an out of her room.

This can't happen.

Keira can't leave me.

Not when I wanted her to wake up so bad. I want to tell her about so many things.

To make her see how much I've changed after she went into the sleep of her choice.

To tell her about how I found the love I never believed in. That I found a girl just strong as her.

To make her realize how sorry I am.

And that it wasn't her fault.

"Dr. Brendon wait" I got on my numb and lifeless feet as soon as the man who had been on a timeline rush to aid the ascending condition of Keira came out "Is she going to be okay?" breathless it came out.

He halts, the brown worn out eyes which always gave me the hope. Now sympathetic and professional. Not a sign that I expected. That I wanted.

He tries to soothe me by placing his hand on my shoulder.

"We are doing out best Mr.White. The trauma that we believed had healed has ruptured. Internal bleeding. Not a good sign" he fixes me with a scanty push of a gaze "But don't lose hope. Okay"

I couldn't even find the power in me to nod. I watch him, not with faith but a fear masked by anger. Tight jaw and gritted teeth that even my gums felt the pain that I controlled with poise.

This can't happen.

"She's going to make it" I say quietly to myself as the nurse calls on the attention of doctor.

When the hospital had called me to notify the condition of Keira it was like what I thought to have been my best night flipping into a nightmare.

The worst part was I couldn't even remember driving here. Just some series of flashes and the feeling of hollowness to know that I won't be there for her tonight.

My posture falls to the waiting chair. Leaning my back I let my head rest against the wall as my eyes glares at the bright square blocks of celling lights.

I blink, the lids now heavy and endorsed with a burning need to sleep.

It was way past three.

The stressing lights again. That's were my gaze stayed glued to.

I wished the sleep would consume me, because if it doesn't I know I would have to relive it. The night, some revelations, some guilt and lights.

                          ••••

Lights. It came from the minute crack from the study. The house was eerily silent and dark except for the gurgles of water filling up the mug.

That was the intention. To grab a snack and hydrant and leave, leave before your sorry excuse of a father crosses path with you, who was here on vacation with me on the advise of Keira. The aunt who would do and plan nonsensical attempts to mend my relationship with Leonard White.