Chapter 22

Elaine

Acute shades of obscurity, the clouded vision begged the indistinct faces for mercy.

Seconds felt like eternity. I tried, tried holding back from inhaling for there was no air that my nerves ached for, but water. Flailing and trashing my arms, I conspire my will to swim, but in vain.

Stinging eyes falls upon the chain clad to my legs.

I gave up.

Fire, burning fire was all I could feel on my lungs as water wadded in like syrup.

I close my eyes to envision my parents, a desperate attempt to feel their warmth and comfort.

Calmness washed over me as tranquility sets in. As I welcomed them happily .

Last thing i see is the blurry figure of masked men, they took everything away from me that I lived for.

Maybe drowning is not that futile.

"Hello" a feminine hand with a beaded bracelet on her wrist waves In front of me, tearing me away from reliving the day I would give anything to forget. The nightmares were back and so was insomnia.

"Girl, wake up. I've been calling your name for ages" frowning I see the girl sitting beside me, it was odd since no one bothers to sit with the girl at the last. It was entirely my seat, it was even marked and embedded, unlike others. Gums, stains, and profanities decorated.

"Hi" I smiled, which felt more like a grimace. Now that I was lucid and level-headed a glimpse on the side revealed a boy with rimmed glasses preached stiffly upon his nose, he sat facing us with a grin, he was eager for something and not tried it hiding a bit.

"Remember me?" The girl chirped, how could one forget the toilet paper girl? The very one who looked like she ate sun for breakfast.

They were the new students this year along with Alex.

"Of course I do..uhm" damn, i knew her name was a month. June? May?

"It's April" there was a spec of irritation in her tone, I felt bad for not recalling her name but at the same time it made me doubt her motives, of all days around why is she here today? By now I'm sure she's well aware of my respectable status.

"I am Aiden Beckett, April's twin" the guy interrupted my speculations. I looked between both a little surprised, I wasn't aware of that.

"We're non-identical" gruffly April added.

"I am aware of it And nice to meet you Aiden. But why are you here April? I don't think we shared classes before" suspicious I asked.

She studied me smiling, but her eyes also held amusement "I was not satisfied with my previous time table, I requested the change"

I nodded with an oh face, but my mind again drifted back to another set of worries. This time it was Alex.

I have been fidgeting and displaying all symptoms of restlessness merely to the fact that he skipped today and isn't replying to my texts.

Did I scare him away?

No matter how much I ignore the prospects of the things that could have happened if we got carried in the movement. I came to a conclusion that it was best to pretend than the almost thing never occurred in the first place.

This theory however doesn't mingle in when I find myself smiling like a fool over his text or even when there is no text and just a mental picture of the snowy haired guy.